Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee not panic buying

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
Lets hope we can do a greece then we do need someone at least

McGhee will not panic buy

McGhee wants to blood his crop of young players
Boss Mark McGhee will not be panicked into buying to keep promoted Brighton in the Championship.
McGhee told Brighton's official website: "We're working on a tight budget and our priority is to re-sign those that want to re-sign.

"We don't want to be panicked into anything, there are good young players here I want to give every chance to.

"We want to make sure that anyone we bring in is going to improve the team and give us a chance of staying up."

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That is what hinshelwood said......." We need to give the youngsters a chance...."

OH FECKIN ADA:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
That is what hinshelwood said......." We need to give the youngsters a chance...."

OH FECKIN ADA:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Try and look on the bright side, they are two years older and have played in the first team before. McGhee has a tad more experience in this division that Hinshelwood so it's just a bit depressing rather than wrist slitting time :(

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oh alright then.....*removes blade from wrist*

Albionite83

Aug 27, 2003
I trust McGhee to get the balance right.

Hinshelwood used too many young players at the same time - partly because he had been Director of Youth, partly because we got injuries to players like Zamora, partly because he was appointed too late in the summer and partly because he was reluctant to use the loan market to its full effect.

McGhee has shown faith in young players like Virgo and Harding. I also think he will help Robinson's development, without necessarily expecting him to score 30 goals this season.

I'm sure he knows we need strengthening but there's no point bringing in players who are no better than what we've already got. We don't need a bigger squad; we need better first-choice players in key positions, particularly across the midfield.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
mcghee will get it right

jesus, i actually think we could stay up *slaps himself*

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
it may be a good thing giving the youngsters a chance, but anyone can see that they are not going to be good enough.
the only chance of staying up with our current crop of players is to change the way/style we play.

we will not goet anywhere but league 1 the way we are currently playing.

id rather see us go down playing attractive, attacking football and nearly winning, then watch us go down playing holding for a 0-0 and losing playing monotonous long balls, ultra defensive, rubbish (which we had done pretty much all of mcghees albion career so far)

if we lose i dont want to hear excuses like "we desereved to win cause this is the most honest bunch of lads ive worked with" ala hinshlewood

buy people yes, but panic buy no!!

mendoza10 said:
... watch us go down playing holding for a 0-0 and losing playing monotonous long balls, ultra defensive, rubbish (which we had done pretty much all of mcghees albion career so far)
Eh?

How come we got promoted if McGhee spent last season playing for 0-0 draws and all we got were defeats?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Mike Bailey was sacked when we were 7th in Div 1 because the then Chairman said we were boring and not attracting suppporters with our 0 - 0 draws and 1 -0 wins.

I personally do not care how boring we play so along as we get 50+ points and stay up this season. If it means route one to get either 1 or 3 points I won't like it but so be it. If we get them I will back McGhee.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Peter Taylor liked his go 1-0 up and sit back and defend tatics, but that was better to watch than some of the games we put up with last season. Albion will always be a love and will always go to the games and pay my money to watch them, but sometimes i did wonder what was going on?

at the end of the day, we are playing championship football this season coming, and i guess i would chose results over performance if it meant 2 consecutive seasons in the same division for the first time this millennium

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
:lolol: it gets laughable every week!!
Call me thick,but since when does signing players = panic buying?????

How come these so called youngsters crap accures every time we hit the 1st division as surely its more likely it would happen in the 2nd??:drink:

Tingling around with the squad mid-season isn't the way forward as its now the team needs blending and our youngsters bar virgo are crap its that straight forward as they can't keep a place in the 2nd division.:smokin:

Excuses and potless when will it ever end:censored:

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
BensGrandad said:
Mike Bailey was sacked when we were 7th in Div 1 because the then Chairman said we were boring and not attracting suppporters with our 0 - 0 draws and 1 -0 wins.

I personally do not care how boring we play so along as we get 50+ points and stay up this season. If it means route one to get either 1 or 3 points I won't like it but so be it. If we get them I will back McGhee.

Good call. For once. :rolleyes:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Last edited:

Albionite83

Aug 27, 2003
berkshire seagull said:
Come on then you name me a youngster who will do great in this division.:rolleyes: :shootself
Harding this season. Robinson at some time. To describe all our youngsters bar Virgo as "crap" is completely ridiculous.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here