Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee Looking for loan defender

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I would absolutely LOVE to see McShane or Cullip back in the stripes...

Doubt it'll happen though

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Fragmented Badger said:
Preston are interested in a loan spell for who? McShane?

Yes, its no secret.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
They can keep him, we need someone with experience another youngster is really a waste of time.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
Like Mcshane you mean?

At the time the average age of our defence wasn't 12. We cant start the season with possibly Rents on the left (18?) Lynch in the middle (19?) spurs stiff (19) and el abd (20)

Average age of 19 with 3 playing there first full season. Thanks but no thanks

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
At the time the average age of our defence wasn't 12. We cant start the season with possibly Rents on the left (18?) Lynch in the middle (19?) spurs stiff (19) and el abd (20)

How old was the average age of the Ajax team that won the Champions League in 1995? about 22? If you are good enough you are old enough. The big queston is are our youngsters good enough?

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Icy Gull said:
How old was the average age of the Ajax team that won the Champions League a few years ago? If you are good enough you are old enough. The big queston is are our youngsters good enough?

Bit of a difference between Ajax and our back four me thinks

Anyway, i think the point Damanclay was trying to make was might as well play Elphick if all we can bring in is a youngster with no league experience.

McShane came in and although 19 played alongside a very experienced Butters

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:

our defence away at millwall last year had an average age of 20 or something like that, although i do agree it is a major risk taking on an uknown youngster in a defence like that

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Icy Gull said:
How old was the average age of the Ajax team that won the Champions League a few years ago? If you are good enough you are old enough. The big queston is are our youngsters good enough?

I dont beileve 3 of them were playing there first full season and 2 making there debut. They may well be good enough but I doubt it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
I dont beileve 3 of them were playing there first full season and 2 making there debut. They may well be good enough but I doubt it.

Just trying to stay positive amongst all the gloom on here :shrug:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Icy Gull said:
Just trying to stay positive amongst all the gloom on here :shrug:

Fair enough, and Im usually a very optimistic bloke and always look on the bright side. But starting the season with a defence of that age will really spell danger

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
DAMANCLAY said:
Fair enough, and I quite usually a very optimistic bloke and always look on the bright side. But starting the season with a defence of that age will really spell danger

Especially with the start we have got

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Kinky Gerbils said:
Elliot Ward - if still at West Ham?

Or is he too young?

Id be quite happy with him, even though he is young-ish he has a fair bit of expierence and played at a much higher level but I think he would go to a championship club if he was avaialble

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here