Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee laughing at Leon?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Anyone else see that? - apologies if it's been mentioned on another thread - when Leon got subbed, he wasn't having any of McGhee's pats on the back and threw his hands up in contempt.. McGhee seemed to find it really funny, and laughed with soem of the South Stand

KinkyGoebels said:
Mcghee is a twat sometimes - this is one of those times

Why? Top bloke in my book, and the only manager that seems able to get Leon to knuckle down and work hard for the team.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Also, Dean White got off the bench and shouted across to Knight,who gestured 'what me!' and threw his hands up then as well.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Lokki 7 said:
Why? Top bloke in my book, and the only manager that seems able to get Leon to knuckle down and work hard for the team.

"Coppell was the only one who knew how to handle him" a quote from fellow nscer

i agree

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
KinkyGoebels said:
Mcghee is a twat sometimes - this is one of those times

The only person being a twat was Leon Knight for showing contempt at Mcghees decision, another Manager would have dropped the idiot, but McGhee seems to like that Leon gets angry, and sahred the humour with the south stand.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Albion Dan said:
The only person being a twat was Leon Knight for showing contempt at Mcghees decision, another Manager would have dropped the idiot, but McGhee seems to like that Leon gets angry, and sahred the humour with the south stand.

Like i said, you saw no creativaty when Leon was off the pitch last night and if he goes in the summer you will have that all season.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I don't get why players should be expected to be okay with being subbed, I would much rather see someone kick off than sit down meekly and accept it.

People will always think Leon is arrogant and he IS, he wants to play and make a difference as much as possible. He is clearly our most effective attacking force and being brought off towards the end of a game that he obvioulsy though he could sow up must be annoying.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I don't get why players should be expected to be okay with being subbed, I would much rather see someone kick off than sit down meekly and accept it.

People will always think Leon is arrogant and he IS, he wants to play and make a difference as much as possible. He is clearly our most effective attacking force and being brought off towards the end of a game that he obvioulsy though he could sow up must be annoying.

When he went off last night the team went to pieces - Wolves knew they had to keep an eye on him but with him off the pitch they pushed Naylor on more and caused more problems.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...

Just a little tiny kick up the arse for him. I expect some praise from McGhee for him prior to the next game. I think Leon needs that little bit of angst in his game.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Withdean does stop any chance of players throwing a full hissy fit and storming off into the dressing rooms. I'm sure Leon would have loved to have marched off up the tunnel after being subbed last night but it's a hell of a trek.

"Right, you can stick your team up your arse! I'm off to the dressing room. Er, where are they?"
"OK, you follow the running track right round there, past the away fans, you go up the stairs, turn right and they should be in front of you."
"Actually I think i'll just sit here if that's ok?"

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I thought MM's laughing reaction was great and belittled Leon's stupid act of petulance.

I totally agree that no player should be happy about being subbed but the big difference is that you don't need to so publicly demonstrate it and basically undermine the managers decision. Your reaction should be to make sure that in the next game you are even more pumped up and play so well that any manager could not possibly take you off.

Leon's reaction quite simply shows why despite being a skilful player he will go no higher and it is ultimately his attitude that holds him back. By comparison just look at someone like Gary Hart. With respect to Harty he's not the most gifted player but it's his sheer 100% attitude that allows him to not look a total muppet in the Championship. Managers and players respect that.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Didn't see this but it's great to hear about it - McGhee now OWNS Leon

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It showed Leon CARED about being taken off. He was probably slightly PISSED off that Kazim-Richards was being left on the pitch having done literally NOTHING all game.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I like the way Knight gets ANGRY when he gets subbed.

So do I. I also think that's what McGhee was pleased with as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here