Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee in limbo for next season

only1robbiereinalt

Oct 7, 2005
McGhee in limbo for next season

Brighton manager Mark McGhee says he is been left in limbo over his plans for next season.

The board have yet to tell him what his budget will be for their League One campaign following relegation.

Richard Carpenter, Kerry Mayo and Guy Butters are out of contract and are waiting for a decision on their future.

McGhee told BBC SCR: "I've no idea what the budget is and am waiting to hear. The players are in limbo, waiting to know if they are getting contracts."

So much for that plan he said we already had in place!
:jester:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
O Lads said:
He hasn't been told because he won't be here

we live in hope

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Strange comment as we knew a few weeks ago we were relegated.

I assume they are now concerned about the Prescott situation as he is in dire straights and I am sure a tin pot little seaside football team is not exactly high on his priorities at the moment - rather saving his job and his marriage.

If there is a shuffle, I wonder who will be his replacement? Hopefully a football lover

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So we can expect the usual last minute signings again after all the good players are taken up - FFS :angry: :angry: :angry:

We should be planning for next season now.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Hence why the managerial replacement needs to take place now, rather than dragging on into the summer. The sooner the new man comes in, the sooner he can go about bringing in new players.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
227 BHA said:
Ian Holloway's Blue 'n' White Army!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I'll second that.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Holloway has f***ed up QPR great choice

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Zebedee said:
I'll second that.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

If you want neck strain and long ball tactics so be it.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Repugnant Toad said:
Hence why the managerial replacement needs to take place now, rather than dragging on into the summer. The sooner the new man comes in, the sooner he can go about bringing in new players.

Or we can just go the whole summer without a manager meaning the board have an excuse for signing no players and don't have to pay the managers wages during pre-season. Just like pre-season 2002-03.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
it's simple - the appointment of a new manager will generate enthusiasm, win back disgruntled fans and increase season ticket sales.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
El Turi said:
Or we can just go the whole summer without a manager meaning the board have an excuse for signing no players and don't have to pay the managers wages during pre-season. Just like pre-season 2002-03.

Rather we take our time getting the new manager in than give McGhee any more money to fritter away. I'd imagine even in the event he was given a stay of execution, the board would be very reluctant to give any serious money to a manager with such a flimsy grasp on his job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here