Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee IN IN IN!!!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Tom Hark said:
As per every tribunal going, McGhee has got his employer over a barrel. Dare say the Albion will let him see out his contract, if only cos they can't afford to pay him off. Game. set and match to mortgage-payer McGhee. Well done :clap: :rolleyes:

Do you consider he has been given the tools then Tom at Championship level?

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
LANGDON SEAGULL said:
McGhee has had more money to spend this season than Coppell, Adams, Taylor ever did

Barring Coppell, the others were at lower levels 5,6,7 years ago, take into account rising prices, inflation etc think the budgets would be roughly the same, only at a higher level.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
fosters headband said:
Do you consider he has been given the tools then Tom at Championship level?

He's had access to the same set of available strikers everybody else has. Bit of an insult to the intelligence to ask us to assume that the transfer window can come and go and we can only sign somebody on the very last day of the loan system. Buck has to stop somewhere. You're not telling me that there's only 6 x 92 = 500-odd strikers in the whole country? That's just garbage.

Else, we'll just have to agree to differ.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Tom Hark said:
He's had access to the same set of available strikers everybody else has. Bit of an insult to the intelligence to ask us to assume that the transfer window can come and go and we can only sign somebody on the very last day of the loan system. Buck has to stop somewhere. You're not telling me that there's only 6 x 92 = 500-odd strikers in the whole country? That's just garbage.

Else, we'll just have to agree to differ.

He may have had access to them, but I believe not the financial backing to bring them in.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It's time to let McGhee go. Loyalty is all well and good but I fear we'll need a little more tactical nous next year and sadly MM doesn't seem overly well endowed in that area.

:wave:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
fosters headband said:
He may have had access to them, but I believe not the financial backing to bring them in.

Didn't seem to bust a gut to MAKE the board release any funds. But - HEY! - have the last word matey. Be my guest. ;)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
555kaz said:
Barring Coppell, the others were at lower levels 5,6,7 years ago, take into account rising prices, inflation etc think the budgets would be roughly the same, only at a higher level.
If anything the price of players has gone down not up.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Did Coppell spend a penny on fees for players in the Championship? Even without doing so, he took us from the position of having a 10-point deficit to still being in a with a chance on the last day.

McGhee by comparison, started on level footing and has f***ed up so badly that we could have another three matches and we'd still be down.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
my mate is a millwall supporter and he laughed when i told him mcgee was our new manager now i know why we should of got cotterall :nono:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Kinky Gerbils said:
If anything the price of players has gone down not up.

Maybe, but sure wages would of gone up Not just for players but all the staff), housing etc and ok we have had a slight rise in ticket prices but the point is MM is tryong to compete at a much higher level then MA, and higher then Taylor who only bought in a couple of players (loan)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Repugnant Toad said:
Did Coppell spend a penny on fees for players in the Championship? Even without doing so, he took us from the position of having a 10-point deficit to still being in a with a chance on the last day.

McGhee by comparison, started on level footing and has f***ed up so badly that we could have another three matches and we'd still be down.
Coppell nearly saved us with a 10 point defecit, McGhee created his own. :lolol:

Gemini

Mar 3, 2006
Lack of funds?
Lack of funds?
Dont talk to me about lack of funds.

Didn't we win the 'Whos paid the most money to agents in the division' competition?

:angry:

Coppell, Adams & Taylor didnt fall over themselves to get shot of our best keeper & striker either as memory serves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here