Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee, I prostrate myself before thee...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OK, I admit it. I threw a little bit of a strop before kickoff. "Hart and Carole up front, for f*** sake McGhee what the f*** are you playing at...?" amongst other things. It made no sense. Neither player is great at holding things up. Both will need balls over the top to run onto, but as neither are particularly quick I just couldn't see how we'd get ANYTHING out of them.

Shows what I know. I think I'll label them the GRAFT and CRAFT combo. Carole in that drfiting role again saw loads of the ball, and rarely gave it away. He doesn't hold things up in the traditional sense of chesting it down and waiting for support to arrive - he's got the skill and class to drop back a little, receive the ball, turn and help knit the attack together with support from midfield. Marvellous. And as for OGH - if Leon had 1/10th of his attitude, we wouldn't be where we are. Hart was simply superb, a battering ram performance, non-stop running, some lovely flicks, great control, and topped it off with a very sharp finish.

I'm not one of the "McGhee Out" brigade anyway, never have been. But he STUFFED my pre-kickoff paddy back down my throat with that front pairing. It bloody worked, so all credit to the fella for trying it.

Now, in the absense of any new signings for the time being, can we try STICKING with it for a while ?

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I think that does seem to be the up front combo we should stick with at the mo, unless we get another striker.

Carole had his best game for us for a long time today. And what a finsih from Hart.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Easy 10 said:

a lot of stuff, then.......

Now, in the absense of any new signings for the time being, can we try STICKING with it for a while ?

Exavctly. This is the problem. We need to stop buggering about with team selection and just get on with it, injuries permitting.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Hart is physical and runs his bollocks off thats why hes effective. Its all well and good saying that trolleys big and therefore he can hold the ball up but at the end of the day its absolute bollocks! Harty won more headers today than any other striker has won all season!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
After the way your prostrate was playing up the other night when we were playing 'Village People' Easy, I would not go near ANYONE for a week or two

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
El Presidente said:
After the way your prostrate was playing up the other night when we were playing 'Village People' Easy, I would not go near ANYONE for a week or two
My prostrate gland was red-raw and throbbing, make no mistake. Why do you have to be so ROUGH all the time ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Have to say I was baffled at the line up working out who was up front but fair play to McGhee it was the right line up.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I said before the game :

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Not a bad line up but I would have gone for Carole on wing and CKR upfront.

Good to see Harty getting a run out, but why cant magoo persist with Hart - CKR partnership, lets have a settled strike pairing PLEASE Mr Magoo :angry: :angry: :angry:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I was thinking pretty much the same thing - No strikers in the starting 11!!

Yet Hart was immense today, restored some belief that McGhee is capable of getting it very right.

Drinking Pints of Whiskey Mark Mcghee:bowdown:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Easy 10 said:
My prostrate gland was red-raw and throbbing, make no mistake. Why do you have to be so ROUGH all the time ?

It's you that ask me to wrap my TODG in toilet brush bristles, I still don't understand why

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here