Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee hits back

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Albion manager Mark McGhee has hit back at fans wanting Colin Kazim-Richards recalled to first team action.

McGhee says the unsettled striker will be back in contention if he accepts his future is with the Seagulls.

Supporters in the south stand at Withdean were shouting for Kazim-Richards during Sunday's 4-1 defeat by Crewe.

continued...
He handed in a transfer request after only featuring as a substitute in Albion's victory on the opening day of the season.

The request was rejected by McGhee but Kazim-Richards has made it clear he still wants to leave.

McGhee said: "One or two people behind me were shouting about Colin on Sunday. It's Colin's decision that he doesn't want to play for Brighton, not mine.

"People shouldn't confuse that. As soon as he says to me that he actually wants to play for us he'll be there."

Kazim-Richards is expected to make his first appearance since Rotherham tomorrow (Wednesday) as the Reserves open their home campaign against Crystal Palace at Worthing (7pm).

Veteran centre half Guy Butters returns from the back injury which has ruled him out of action so far this season.

Rookie leftback Sam Rents also has the opportunity to stake a claim for a first team place at Bristol City on Saturday, with Kerry Mayo ruled out by a one-match ban.

Meanwhile, central defender Keith Lowe has returned to Wolves on the expiry of his month's loan with Albion.

Albion Reserves (4-3-3): Sullivan; Breach, Elphick, Butters, Rents; Fraser, Chamberlain, Loft; Robinson, Kazim-Richards, Frutos.

9:05pm today

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
So he's playing for the stiffs then - it's a start - let's hope somebody watching offers decent money before deadline day - cos a striker whose on strike ain't no good to anybody.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
But he won't be on strike after Thursday because he will realise that he is not the next Ronaldinho and that his advisers are actually a useless bunch of tossers that will ruin his career if he listens to them. I can see him playing Saturday and scoring.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Nice to see Butters back:clap2:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
algie said:
Nice to see Butters back:clap2:
At least when he returns, Lynch can slot in at LeftBack if necessary, freeing Mayo up to concentrate on anything he likes, so long as it's not football.:lolol:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Bakesy said:
At least when he returns, Lynch can slot in at LeftBack if necessary, freeing Mayo up to concentrate on anything he likes, so long as it's not football.:lolol:

I wonder how much pace he has left,Butts that is:lol:

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
algie said:

"People shouldn't confuse that. As soon as he says to me that he actually wants to play for us he'll be there."

Kazim-Richards is expected to make his first appearance since Rotherham tomorrow (Wednesday) as the Reserves open their home campaign against Crystal Palace at Worthing (7pm).

Albion Reserves (4-3-3): Sullivan; Breach, Elphick, Butters, Rents; Fraser, Chamberlain, Loft; Robinson, Kazim-Richards, Frutos.

9:05pm today

This looks promising perhaps that is a form of Olive branch by MM

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
algie said:
I wonder how much pace he has left,Butts that is:lol:
He won't have lost any, that's for sure.;)

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
Repugnant Toad said:
I bloody hope not ... shifting our best centre back out of position hardly sounds like a winning plan.
He's far better at left back than Mayo

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He's far better at centre back than El-Abd, Santos, or Butters.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I see it as MM being quite open and at least offering him the chance to re-establish himself and for him to commit himself to the club for the forseeable future. If MM picks him and he refuses to play then obviously that is the end for him but I hope that he will see sense and put in a stunning performance for the reserves.

I know that at Worthing he told Ben he had played his last game for us and was leaving on the following Monday, completely unprovoked, and I believe that he genuinely believed that because his management team have filled his head with shit and guided him down the path that suited them best rather than him and his career.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
but surely ckr would only realise his futures with us if he had a chance of a game?

No, he's a young kid, like all jobs he has to 'take it up the arse' until he's a bit older.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
BensGrandad said:

I know that at Worthing he told Ben he had played his last game for us and was leaving on the following Monday, completely unprovoked, and I believe that he genuinely believed that because his management team have filled his head with shit and guided him down the path that suited them best rather than him and his career.
And how right that was :rolleyes:

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
DAMANCLAY said:
And how right that was :rolleyes:

It has proved to be incorrect but if you read my post you will see that I said that I think that he genuinely believed that he had played his last game for us because his mangement team had told him so and obviously he believes everything that they tell him.

Silent Bob said:
He's far better at centre back than El-Abd, Santos, or Butters.

That's as maybe, but he's still made some bad errors in his last two league games. Very poor at Forest, and his bad pass led to Mayo getting sent off against Crewe.

The boy's a star but he's still learning his trade and that is making for some nervous moments in our defence.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Perhaps another team are sniffing around CKR and want to see him in action before the deadline on Thursday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here