Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee abuse

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
El Presidente said:
But apart from victories over the likes of West Ham, Leeds, Palace, Forest, Leicester, Sunderland, the Play Off final, a great day out as Spurs, and keeping us up in the Championship against all odds, somehow tricking Celtic into paying £1.5million for Virgo and Leeds half a mill for Tickle, blooding the likes of El Abd, Lynch, and others so that we have more local players than at any time in the last 40 years, and all of this with no money he did f*** ALL.
:clap:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Dick KNight for want of a better word is a glory hunter - he saw the opportunity to come into a club where he had nothing to lose - and thank god he did all credit to him on this point - and lets be honest he has achieved a hell of a lot but he will not take flak - he was everywhere in the glory days of the double promotion, you couldn't get him off the front/back of the Argus parading his trophies basking in the adulation of the fans.

When Falmer was given the go ahead there he was again on "an open top bus" lapping up the applause but now there are yet more obstacles he has gone to ground.

Every time without fail when things have gone wrong he hides - then when it gets worse he hangs someone out to dry in this case Mcghee - i wasn't a fan of him but feel he has been made a scape goat when the root of the problems lies at DK's feet having taking his eye of the ball with Falmer but not his hands off the purse strings.

Wilkins will be his sacrifical lamb this time round and if all goes wrong will DK take the blame? will he even be seen?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Goring Gull said:
Dick KNight for want of a better word is a glory hunter - he saw the opportunity to come into a club where he had nothing to lose - and thank god he did all credit to him on this point - and lets be honest he has achieved a hell of a lot but he will not take flak - he was everywhere in the glory days of the double promotion, you couldn't get him off the front/back of the Argus parading his trophies basking in the adulation of the fans.

When Falmer was given the go ahead there he was again on "an open top bus" lapping up the applause but now there are yet more obstacles he has gone to ground.

Every time without fail when things have gone wrong he hides - then when it gets worse he hangs someone out to dry in this case Mcghee - i wasn't a fan of him but feel he has been made a scape goat when the root of the problems lies at DK's feet having taking his eye of the ball with Falmer but not his hands off the purse strings.

Wilkins will be his sacrifical lamb this time round and if all goes wrong will DK take the blame? will he even be seen?

This is not me under another name before anybody suggests it.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BensGrandad said:
This is not me under another name before anybody suggests it.

No-one has, just your inflated ego running away (again)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If anybody on here says anything against DK somehow it comes back to me and I get slagged. It is comforting ,however, to see that other people can see through him.

Fragmented Badger said:
Wilkins is NOT another Hinshelwood. There's no doubt about it. He has far too much talent and tactical awareness to turn into Martin II.

You people really have no idea.

Martin Hinshelwood is a very good coach. So is Dean, from what I've seen.

The main concern I have is whether or not Dean has a high enough 'profile / personality' to attract the better players when a) the transfer window opens b) we have a chance of a decent player on loan or c) when we have some money to throw around.

Don't get me wrong, I don't belive in the 'personality / profile' ticket, but I suspect there are still pro players out there who do.

Hinsh woulda been fine if he could have attracted some experienced heads to supplement the youngsters. He developed 'the kids' in the same way that Deano ( and Vic, Les et al) have.
He gave them the young players a chance just like Deano will (and Mark McGhee has done - think on !). I just hope that pro players who aren't progressing as they think they should will pay a little respect to quality coaches who know their stuff and can help them (and the club).

If you want to improve as a player, if you want a chance to develop your career, if your current club won't give you a chance but we will and if you can find them, maybe you can hire Deano and Hinsh to be your enablers..................

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
BensGrandad said:
If anybody on here says anything against DK somehow it comes back to me and I get slagged. It is comforting ,however, to see that other people can see through him.

I'm not saying he's been bad for the club that's as far from the truth as you can get. Just stating he will not take flak or admit when he's royally fcuked something up or interfered in business he should keep out of.
When theres glory he lingers like a bad fart and when the trophy cupboard id bare and fans are baying for blood he shirks his duty to the loyal paying punters sticks his head in the sand and hides then as a last resort to appease the masses sends a sacrifice into the colloseum and sacks them mcghee in this case. Never once has he admitted he has not backed the team finacially hence why we are in the mess on the pitch that we are.

But i would not say he hasn't worked tirelessly for the club in his time here. Just needs to take and see to be taking responsibility at times of crisis. In other words he's like any typical manager/director in any business.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BensGrandad said:

You so think you are the one we listen to.

Jog on FFS

I'm not sure I understand all the references to not having backed the club financially (not just this thread but others too).

I never thought that Mr Knight was a wealthy multi-millionnaire benefactor.

I just thought he was sufficiently well off to put his time and effort into keeping the club we all love, alive......rather than putting his time into earning enough to pay the mortgage and the bills, buying a season ticket (or not, like me) and posting on NSC to have a moan about the Chairman, manager etc.

Don't get me wrong, no one is above criticism, but at least criticise constructively and with a touch of reality.
He's got FBS on board who HAS backed us financially. His marketing expertise (together with the efforts of a large band of supporters) has kept us consistently in the public eye and has helped keep us alive.
He backed the manager at the end of last season (and I, for one, thought he was right to do so). Howeber, he's looked again at the situation and come to a different conclusion.

Someone who is prepared to consider the same situation in a different set of circumstances and comes to a different conclusion is, to my mind, someone of immense strength of character, intelligence and imagination.

Let's be fair, a change of mind should be seen as courageous not as a weakness.
We'll not know if it's the right decision or not, for some time.

But I'd rather have someone in charge who can listen to others, review (constantly) the situation and come to a different conclusion than originally, where the situation merits it.

How would you like to have a Chairman who was dogmatic, intransigent and kept only his own counsel?

No, I didn't think so......................

ack

Apr 20, 2006
Chairmen hire and fire,its their job.How many of them at any club admit to being wrong or making a mistake?? The fact that DK saved the club and is still about has to say something,and as I have said b4 no 1 in here truly knows the state of club finances,and unless we have some1 who wants to inject millions which I doubt,give the guy some slack,we have a club.
Ditto to other sentiments,my only concern with with our current management would be,can they attract the seasoned pro's we need to advance,they may be great coaches but could they attract the players the likes of Coppell or even (Hoddle at Swindon could).We need a few old pro's who r past their prem or champ days,but could do a job at this level.:smokin:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Goring Gull said:

I really don't understand what you're getting at. ???

He fired MM and has been in every type of media to explain his decision. He's stated he alone took the decision and responsability for the action and yet you say he only goes public to milk the fans appreciation !!!!

To be honest he was stuffed whatever he did. It's rememarkable how many people have a go at him on here and I doubt if many of his detracrors have ever had to fire anyone - it isn't nice, even if you don't like to person.

Don't get me wrong, DK isn't perfect ( IMHO he should have fired MM at the end of last season ) but he's human like the rest of us - or are you perfect ?

I'm sure when Falmer is delivered, and it WILL be, all his detractors will still find something to moan about.

Here's a challenge to those who think he should go :

> Start your own business
> Try to be liked by all your employees and customers but still make difficult decisions
> Build the business up to a point where you don't need to work
> Buy some shares and get onto the board of BHA
> Challenge DK for the Chairmans post and win
> Keep all the players, the manager, other club staff and supporters happy

In summary ..... put your money where your mouth is !!!!!!! :salute:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Guinness Dave said:
i wanted mcghee to go
but for dick knight to say he was listening to the fans is surreal.
i think the only reason he sacked mcghee was to divert flack away from himself.

ALA belotti (wanker) getting rid of lloyd all them years ago and milking the applause at bournemouth

if youre reading or monitering this dick, you are a legend but we aint fuckin silly

Well said that man !

D

Deleted member 2719

Guinness Dave said:
i wanted mcghee to go
but for dick knight to say he was listening to the fans is surreal.
i think the only reason he sacked mcghee was to divert flack away from himself.

ALA belotti (wanker) getting rid of lloyd all them years ago and milking the applause at bournemouth

if youre reading or monitering this dick, you are a legend but we aint fuckin silly

Not quite sure what you mean - he may not have thought MM shouldn't go but seperated himself from this and made a tough decision , but a decision which protected himself aswell, which is what you and every other Fan/chairman would have done given the same circumstances with attendances falling and the threat of low income.

I cannot believe you can even think that he is like Bellotti.

:nono:

I have no doubt Dick will stand aside when Falmer and new investors come in aslong as they are right for the club.

In my eyes this guy is a Superfan and knowone should forget it.

:bowdown: :ascarf: :bowdown:

D

Deleted member 2719

coach03 said:
You people really have no idea.

Martin Hinshelwood is a very good coach. So is Dean, from what I've seen.

The main concern I have is whether or not Dean has a high enough 'profile / personality' to attract the better players when a) the transfer window opens b) we have a chance of a decent player on loan or c) when we have some money to throw around.

Don't get me wrong, I don't belive in the 'personality / profile' ticket, but I suspect there are still pro players out there who do.

Hinsh woulda been fine if he could have attracted some experienced heads to supplement the youngsters. He developed 'the kids' in the same way that Deano ( and Vic, Les et al) have.
He gave them the young players a chance just like Deano will (and Mark McGhee has done - think on !). I just hope that pro players who aren't progressing as they think they should will pay a little respect to quality coaches who know their stuff and can help them (and the club).

If you want to improve as a player, if you want a chance to develop your career, if your current club won't give you a chance but we will and if you can find them, maybe you can hire Deano and Hinsh to be your enablers..................

Excellent post sir.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Giraffe said:
Whether you wanted him to go or not (and I did), I can't see the point of people coming on here and still having a dig, talking about him being shot, calling him this and that.

The guy gave his whole life to the club for three years, showed total loyalty when others (gay Coppell etc) walked out at the first opportunity. Whilst in the last year he made some mistakes and sadly had to go I really can't stomach all this bitching about someone who did his very best. Some of the abuse on here has been on a level with those tossers who used to own the club, which is ridiculous.

He got paid to do a job, hardly "giving his life" for the club. He started well, outlived his usefulness, got offloaded. Let's see how fast his "loyalty" becomes apparent in that no one else wants to employ him!

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Goring Gull said:
I'm not saying he's been bad for the club that's as far from the truth as you can get. Just stating he will not take flak or admit when he's royally fcuked something up or interfered in business he should keep out of.
When theres glory he lingers like a bad fart and when the trophy cupboard id bare and fans are baying for blood he shirks his duty to the loyal paying punters sticks his head in the sand and hides then as a last resort to appease the masses sends a sacrifice into the colloseum and sacks them mcghee in this case. Never once has he admitted he has not backed the team finacially hence why we are in the mess on the pitch that we are.

But i would not say he hasn't worked tirelessly for the club in his time here. Just needs to take and see to be taking responsibility at times of crisis. In other words he's like any typical manager/director in any business.

you are full of shit. your arguement is so stupid its barely worth retaliating. i presume you are trying to be funny?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
although I am glad MM has gone for the good of the club he was not that bad just got boring towards the end.
And I have always thought of DK as one of US,basically a fan who has the nouse to run the club.
we did have some exiting times with MM,so thanks for that and good luck whatever and wherever.

the albion moves on regardless. :bowdown: :albion:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Any manager no matter who is only as good as the backing he receives from the board and whoever takes the vacant seat better be prepared for f***-all money being given to them to improve the team..and be able to make time wasting offers for players which are way short of the mark amking sure no money is ever spent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here