Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] McGhee 99% likely to leave by end of week!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well it could be his 'second team' Dave. Alot of people have them. I dont personally. But I think what he has done for the club means he does have BHA at heart.

But maybe just like the Labour party. Too much power is not a good thing. Not that the Tories were whiter than white before I get accused.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
It'd be good news if McGhee goes, however i'm concerned that this could mean that Knight is going to go too - as i really want him to lead us onto Falmer.

Can't remember who it was that said "i don't mind who he is as long as he puts money into the club" but surely after the past that this club has had we should treat every new investor with a lot of caution?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Can someone clear something up for me? Is this 'major investor' someone who has already invested in the club and doesn't like the way McGhee has spent his money? Or a potential new investor who doesn't want to invest if McGhee stays manager?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
What is the point investing in the club, just to give it to McGhee for sacking him?????

I agree that the investor should out himself or herself, we would all be more confortable then.

Lets face it, if you were going to invest a serious wad of cash in the club, would you want a say? I certainly would

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
The thing that worries me is that Dk and MP seem to have maintained some form of financial stability during a period of crisis. You can only hope if there is an invester and they do take over they have the clubs best interest at heart. Overwise we could end up in a worse situation than QPR.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Dies Irae said:
LI

Surely you didnt believe that Chapman was on the board for anything but being given first dip on the quote for the stadium ( BTW Looking at Adenstars accounts, they are not big enough to undertake a full contract like this)

I am not sure this is as bad as it all seems. It would certainly explain the stuff that has been coming out of the club over the last few months....

I dont see this as a challenge to Knights authority, more a healthy debate as to where the club is going. DK is 68 now and I am picking up vibes that he may be looking to relieve some of the day to day to someone else.

Did anyone else see that according to the Argus he is a Gooner?

exactly.....god forbid we actually move forward as a club....

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Icy Gull said:
Why? He refused to condemn Archer, even when it became blatently obvious that he was asset stripping the club? Does that sound like a true fan to you? Give your support to him if you like, he will never have mine.

Icy,

whilst I totally understand your suspiscion, all I can say is that after meeting and getting to know some of the Bloom family, I hold them in high regard. I really do believe they have the interests of our club at heart...

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
London Irish said:
This is an absolute f***ing disaster - the club is now submerged in civil war.

On the one side we have Dick Knight who delivered us from the worst period in our history and Perry than man whose expertise has virtually delivered us Falmer against terrible planning law odds. On the other we have Bloom, a quisling from the Archer era who in his old age has finally found the backbone to oppose something, and Chapman, the man who as a director of the club is driving a coach and horses through every decent corporate governance principle by also angling for construction work for his company.

The entire summer will be wasted sorting out the legal mess of McGhee's contract and hiring some fall guy willing to work for the big bucks (yeah, right) that McGhee was on.

I'll be amazed if this doesn't end up ripping the heart out of the club, our two best executives Knight and Perry fatally weakened by other on-the-make chancers, and players drifting off from a club that not only has f*** all money but is now submerged in total chaos.

This is about as bad as it gets.

Typical overeaction.

The pro DK/MM Argus have cobbled a story together to protect McGhee, many many people have known since the Coventry debacle that the 'majority' of the board wanted McGhee NOT to be sacked, but to be told that if he did not keep us up then he was out, they were pretty fed up (like most fans) about McGhees performance and RIGHTLY wanted him to be given some kind of target to work to.

DK refused to do this in fact some would argue made the people who wanted McGhee given a target actually more anti-McGhee and ever since then there 'apparently' has been a very tenious situation which has now come to a head.

What is the point of having a board when only 2 men's point of views are running the club, its hardly a democratic process whoever you support.

There are NO 'chancers' on the make as far as I am aware, say what you like about Chapman, he has put a lot of his own money into the club down the years and has had VERY little return, if he gets a bit of work at Falmer then fair play, up till now he has shown ZERO intention to make any sort of money whatsover.

Oh and Placcy you seem to know a hell of a lot abot Ray Bloom for someone who was not around in those days, as you constantly preach to us you shouldnt believe what you read about something on an internet message board.

It works both ways.

:dunce:

Last edited:

Wanderer said:
What is the point investing in the club, just to give it to McGhee for sacking him?????

I agree that the investor should out himself or herself, we would all be more confortable then.

Lets face it, if you were going to invest a serious wad of cash in the club, would you want a say? I certainly would
It's a bloody joke that we have one individual at the club causing utter chaos and they don't even have the guts to reveal themselves to Albion fans. At least when Archer and Belotti were f***ing us up, it was known who they were and they could be protested against.

Who the hell can I make my utter disgust clear to now? We are just being played along like puppets by someone hiding in the shadows.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Lets be honest LI has a point, how many times has the irresponsibility of investors, directors etc caused problems for clubs? At least with DK you can say he took over the club when there were no assets to strip, which in its self implies he has the best interests of the club at heart. However the club does have to move on and maybe some investment is what it needs, however the fact that its appears to be turning into some sort of coup does not bode well. I just hope these investors come out and reveal their plans for the club if they do take over.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Rougvie said:
say what you like about Chapman, he has put a lot of his own money into the club down the years and has had VERY little return, if he gets a bit of work at Falmer then fair play, up till now he has shown ZERO intention to make any sort of money whatsover
This statement I would agree with.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
LI is almost correct for once but without inside knowledge we do not know what has happened in the boardroom. DK has previously been accused of stopping investment though his own ego and perhaps thats the case again, who knows?

Those that have posted their joy on the news that MM is likely to go should remember that, its ok to pleased that a new face might give the team a lift but in honesty I find it hard to be happy that someone is losing their job and income. I believe it is sad that it hasn't worked out and wish MM all the best for the future.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Dies Irae said:
LI

Surely you didnt believe that Chapman was on the board for anything but being given first dip on the quote for the stadium ( BTW Looking at Adenstars accounts, they are not big enough to undertake a full contract like this)

I am not sure this is as bad as it all seems. It would certainly explain the stuff that has been coming out of the club over the last few months....

I dont see this as a challenge to Knights authority, more a healthy debate as to where the club is going. DK is 68 now and I am picking up vibes that he may be looking to relieve some of the day to day to someone else.

Did anyone else see that according to the Argus he is a Gooner?

I must admitt that was sort of how are viewed it, also I would guess that it is not in Chapman's interests to be chairman with all the tendering coming along, as Adenstar are sure to want some of the work.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:
It's a bloody joke that we have one individual at the club causing utter chaos and they don't even have the guts to reveal themselves to Albion fans.

Well thats a lie because as we know its Magoo. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Stumpy Tim

Rougvie said:
Typical overeaction.

The pro DK/MM Argus have cobbled a story together to protect McGhee, many many people have known since the Coventry debacle that the 'majority' of the board wanted McGhee NOT to be sacked, but to be told that if he did not keep us up then he was out, they were pretty fed up (like most fans) about McGhees performance and RIGHTLY wanted him to be given some kind of target to work to.

DK refused to do this, and ever since then there 'apparently' has been a very tenious situation which has now come to a head.

What is the point of having a board of only 2 men are running the club, its hardly a democratic process whoever you support.

There are NO 'chancers' on the make as far as I am aware, say what you like about Chapman, he has put a lot of his own money into the club down the years and has had VERY little return, if he gets a bit of work at Falmer then fair play, up till now he has shown ZERO intention to make any sort of money whatsover.

Oh and Placcy you seem to know a hell of a lot abot Ray Bloom for someone who was not around in those days, as you constantly preach to us you shouldnt believe what yopu read about something on an internet message board.

It works both ways.

:dunce:

Ah yes, but it means his lover MM gets sacked. Then what?

This whole thread is an overreaction to be honest.... there's absolutely nothing in that article that suggests Knight is being ousted as chairman - not a word even suggests that. All it says is that a major investor has said he won't invest any more if MM is in charge. It DOESN'T say, that investor wants to be chairman.

It is likely to be an existing invester, like Fatboy for example, who wants a say in things. And I would say that anyone who puts hundreds of thousands of pounds into the club deserves a say in decisions.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
London Irish said:
It's a bloody joke that we have one individual at the club causing utter chaos and they don't even have the guts to reveal themselves to Albion fans. At least when Archer and Belotti were f***ing us up, it was known who they were and they could be protested against.

Who the hell can I make my utter disgust clear to now? We are just being played along like puppets by someone hiding in the shadows.

How do you know it is one individual causing chaos at the club? You are just making stuff up.....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I have heard it from a man who is the business manager/personal assistant to the man who has kept this club afloat for the past 12 months is that the rising cost of Falmer in building, paying for it via funding and legal fees is a very big factor in this issue.

This man believes we should shelve Falmer and stick with Withdean and make it a 15,000 all seater stadium. Whether or not this is feasible I do not know. Would Brighton Council sell Withdean as a sports complex as it has been a 'white elephant' ever since it was built and the only time that it has made money is through us renting it from the council.

I AM NOT SAYING THAT HE IS THE MAJOR INVESTOR IN QUESTION.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here