Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee "4 more draws will do us"

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I'm an eternal optimist, but stand back for Mark McGhee!
He now reckons 49 points will be enough - the only reason i think he feels this is because maybe I think he can't see Crewe or Watford getting to that amount?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Did McGhee actually MAKE that ridiculous statement? If he did, does that mean we have to suffer watching the team play out the remaining four games in a Peter Taylor stylee, sitting back on what you got - and not quite hacking it for the full ninety minutes.
Bloody well hope not. :angry:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Tom Hark said:
Did McGhee actually MAKE that ridiculous statement? If he did, does that mean we have to suffer watching the team play out the remaining four games in a Peter Taylor stylee, sitting back on what you got - and not quite hacking it for the full ninety minutes.

Exactly what i thought. Yes, he did say it on SCR after the match.

We can't rely on drawing all games and other results.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Yes - he said after the match that we could draw each match and probably stay up now

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Keep the faith .. applaud the optimism... go on Mark.. prove them wrong!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tom Hark said:

If we had played 5 - 3 -2 as I suggested some 6 weeks ago we would be safe now.

If we get 4 X 0 - 0 draws between now and May 8th I shall be happy irrespective of how good or bad we play the result is the most important aspect at the moment.

In our position entertainment must come second result first.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Jam The Man said:
Yes - he said after the match that we could draw each match and probably stay up now

Which is an entirely different statement to "4 more draws will do us"

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
pasty said:

totally agree with you. 4 more draws will do us but 4 more wins would be much better.
come on folk. just get behind the team and mcghee lets stay up not give up.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If some of the others have a lean month like we have just have, then we might need less points than that.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
after todays results elsewhere 1 win could be enough yet. crewe have not won 1 game since ashton left. and watford are really struggling at the mo aswell. it is looking more likely that 49 points will be enough. but 51 certainly would be. 51 would be very hard to get in my opinion though. we need a point more than 3rd bottom because our shocking goal differance. i think boothroyd was a shocking appointment by watford. maybe there confidance will go now after his 1st 3 games in charge have ended in defeat. just hope cullip doesn't shore up their defence. they still have a goalscorer in helguson but webber leaving could be good for us.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
pasty said:

yeah ENTIRELY... FFS

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
pasty said:

Perhaps they were handing a spliff around the dressing room at half time.

Oct 9, 2003
I reckon 50 pts will still do......... Two draws and a win could see us there b4 Ipswich.

Rotherham away could be the key.........i know it certainly wont be a push over but i cant help thinking that surely we will want is so much more than them.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Jam The Man said:
Keep the faith .. applaud the optimism... go on Mark.. prove them wrong!

Cracking optimism saying we could scrape staying up if we draw.

How about lets f***ing go and win games and stop saying 'everything will be ok'.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Win against Rotherham and a point against Burnley are a must. Being realistic, points from Ipswich and West ham, although possible, are unlikely. (then again I thought that at West Ham this season and Ipswich two years ago)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here