Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McClaren OUT!!!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think Bent needs to be given a chance his record for U-21s and in the premiership shows he's a young good striker, he's got pace and is decent in the air. If we were gonna bring someone from the U-21s thru i'd rather Nugent

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I felt the same about the McClaren appointment as I did when Keegan got the job.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

We will tread water over the next few years.

Get rid now! Totally the wrong man for the job!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
keaton said:
I think Bent needs to be given a chance his record for U-21s and in the premiership shows he's a young good striker, he's got pace and is decent in the air. If we were gonna bring someone from the U-21s thru i'd rather Nugent

With Bent I suspect he is going to be one of those players that does well in the top flight but cannot make the step up to international football. I personally think his movement is the issue with him.

Nugent, I guess he needs to be playing against top defenders rather than what is in the Championship, but he certainly looks a decent player.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Nice to see McClaren Out fever is sweeping the nation.

Just did a quick search on facebook (myspace for Uni students) for some McClaren groups.

A few of my favourites:

"I would rather have a retarded monkey manage England than Steve McClaren"

"Steve McClaren is a useless ginger tosser"

"Sack Steve McClaren he's shit"

"If Steve McClaren can manage England so can i"

"Steve McClaren is a ****"

"Steve McClaren is a tosser, bring back Sven!"

"Steve McClaren is a useless mong"

"David Pleat for England manager society"

"Steve McClaren is shit. Sack him now"

(And that's not even half of them)
:clap2:

McClaren just ain't got a clue. I know we're short on the ground of strikers at the mo but why oh why start with Peter Crouch on his own up front? Everyone KNOWS that doesn't work. He's a good option coming off the bench but nothing more. Why not try out a pacey Owen-type who can get behind defences? Defoe? Walcott? Even Vassell has proved he can score in an England shirt. The tactics and formation were abysmal last night. It'll be an outrage if we fail to qualify for the Euros, can't imagine not being able to watch a major tournament again :nono:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Agree about Walcott. If he's good enough, he's old enough.
At the moment, his pace scares the shit out of defenders, but he needs to learn when to be selfish, when to play in a team mate (& make sure his pass is a good one).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This post-match reaction has been right up there with some of the most damning I can remember.

The difference this time is that the FA desperately need to fill Wembley to start paying back the huge debt on construction, and a shite England team will be disastrous.

Ordinarily I'd think McClown would be safe until the mathematical end of our Euro 2008 campaign, but you never know...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Pavilionaire said:
This post-match reaction has been right up there with some of the most damning I can remember.

The difference this time is that the FA desperately need to fill Wembley to start paying back the huge debt on construction, and a shite England team will be disastrous.

Ordinarily I'd think McClown would be safe until the mathematical end of our Euro 2008 campaign, but you never know...
Sadly, I think you're clutching at straws. Ruddy faced McClaret *is* going to be safe in his job I'm afraid.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Apparently - to quote both McLaren and Gerrard - "Israel is really the game that matters".

Well I'm sorry but the FA must think England fans are stupid. Why pay £40 to see a match that all the players and the managers marginalise as trivial? EVERY England match is important, and they all matter because it's England.

When will McLaren and the FA learn? They're totally out of touch with the fans, taking the expected 90,000 Wenbley crowd as a givem when, in all likelihood, you could cut that by 25% after the first 2 or 3 matches if the team is still doing shit.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
justin said:
we need an english manager that has passion ie stuart pearce, bobby robson that sort! surely the fa must of realised that mclaren was to blame as much as sven!!:nono: :nono:
But I thought all Englishmen are Passionate? And if you are Passionate that makes you a good manager doesn't it? I would like to see Stuart Pearce take over, he's done a well Passionate job at Man City.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here