Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McClaren Back In Football?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
PS - Sorry to hear about the Zebras. Reckon they can bounce back?
Cheers, it depends - I'm totally convinced that nice guy Rudi Bommer is the right bloke for the job (not least because he bought me a Koenig Pilsener once), I felt pretty pissed off when the fans were getting on his back earlier this year. My cousin said right after they were promoted that they'd be straight back down again, so I guess it was to be expected. Classic Fahrstuhlmannschaft it seems.

Actually...a German managing England...called Bommer [sic]...it's a thought...

Last edited:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
You don't know what you've got till it's gone, I bet they'd love to have him back now. As for the UEFA Cup, you can only beat the opposition in front of you and they did so with some momentous comebacks at the Riverside. They also won their first and only major trophy, that qualifies as a 'great success' in my book.

I see what you are saying but I still think most Boro fans wouldn't want to see him back.

Yes he did win them the league cup, and fair play, but Boro have spent an awful lot of money under Steve Gibson and probably should have achieved more by now, if only a few more top half of the table finishes

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I find this story just incredible and will track their results with interest.

All I can conclude is that the team's chairman is being blindly optimistic, although maybe he was seduced by McLaren's Twente Twente Vision?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here