Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCarthy sacked

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
He looked like he knew what was going to happen in his tv interview yesterday. He gets a lot of stick for his straight talking, but I admire people like that.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Of the names on oddschecker I reckon Billy Davies is a good e/w bet. Seems like Bruce and Colin are fav's

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
From Victor Chandler

BetVictor make Steve Bruce their 7/2 favourite to replace Mick McCarthy at Molineux following the announcement of his sacking earlier today.

Spokesperson Charlie McCann: “Rafa Benitez was our early front-runner but on reflection we think the lack of available resources would not appeal to the former Liverpool manager and he is out to 12/1. We think Steve Bruce is more likely to takeover with close links to the area and no compensation required and make him our 7/2 favourite with Alan Curbishley 6s and former boss Dave Jones 7/1 .”

Next Wolves manager:
S Bruce 7/2
A Curbishley 6/1
D Jones 7/1
B Davies 10/1
N Warnock 10/1
L Clark 10/1
OG Solksjaer 10/1
R Benitez 12/1
14s bar

Need to hit the ground running so odds against anyone currently in a job because of the time needed to negotiate.
13 games to make a difference......................... big big ask for anyone new :(

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Shame, good bloke MM but guess getting tonked for 5 just too much. TC keeps his job for now, be interesting to see how he does, fingers crossed for him.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Alan Curbishley gone from 14/1 into 8/1, on sky sports news now saying hes interested.
not managed in 3 years ish but got a good record

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
That is of course the classic example. I have also found their treatment of Mick to be a bit unsavoury for quite some time now, even last season. The facts are he got them promoted to that league and has kept them there despite having one of the smallest transfer budgets in the division and subsequently being able to make very few decent signings. This is Wolves we're talking about, not Liverpool, Manchester United or THE Leeds United. What do they realistically expect? Before yesterday they weren't even in the bottom three. Unless they throw loads of money at their team they will ALWAYS be in a fight to stay up, so hurling abuse at their manager game after game seems pretty pointless. I hope they go down.

Agree with this, he's made a decent team out of them and last season they looked really good at times.
I think they're the only premiership team not run at a loss and he's kept them up the last two years and my money would still be on them to avoid the drop this year with him in charge

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Massive club, massive history from a historical football hotbed in the West Midlands, but boy are they feeling the recession up there. I genuinely believe it is not a big step up from BHA right now.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Every time I see a Wolves game their fans are booing. Do they have a God given right to win every game? They're an average team in a very competitive league. Relegation couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of fans.

As far as McCarthy is concerned he can offer a team stability if nothing else. Now he's gone are Wolves set to do a Charlton post Curbishley? To be honest I certainly wouldn't care if they did.

No time for whining Villa fans either

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Why do people automatically assume people will look for Gus when they sack their manager? Gus, whilst been great for us. May not be that attractive for EPL teams, because he's relatively new to management. He has been successful for us, but they're going to want experience...Stop panicking, I think Gus is pretty firm here. He seems to be enjoying what he has created and relishes the challenge to push us for promotion. Surely he'd want us in the EPL before he goes because it'll look good on his CV.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
From Victor Chandler

BetVictor make Steve Bruce their 7/2 favourite to replace Mick McCarthy at Molineux following the announcement of his sacking earlier today.

Spokesperson Charlie McCann: “Rafa Benitez was our early front-runner but on reflection we think the lack of available resources would not appeal to the former Liverpool manager and he is out to 12/1. We think Steve Bruce is more likely to takeover with close links to the area and no compensation required and make him our 7/2 favourite with Alan Curbishley 6s and former boss Dave Jones 7/1 .”

Next Wolves manager:
S Bruce 7/2
A Curbishley 6/1
D Jones 7/1
B Davies 10/1
N Warnock 10/1
L Clark 10/1
OG Solksjaer 10/1
R Benitez 12/1
14s bar

Need to hit the ground running so odds against anyone currently in a job because of the time needed to negotiate.
13 games to make a difference......................... big big ask for anyone new :(

Steve Bruce is favourite to take over. Excellent not only will he take them down but it'll give the Wolves fans even more to whinge about. Every ones a winner baby

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here