Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCammon today

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Did a single header of McCammon's go to one of our players? Did any of his crosses (think he had 2 or 3) go to one of our players? What did he contribute today?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Forced a conrer (it looked as though his shot had gone into the side netting) and got a good cross in.
Tied up a couple of their defenders so we had a bit more space.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
He contributed to quite a lot of anger/humour around where I was. On the pitch though, practically nothing.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Yorkie said:

Tied up a couple of their defenders so we had a bit more space.
Thats not seen by the fans as contributing to the game though. As shit as everyone thinks he is our best run of the season has "coincided" with him being in the team :shrug:

Downloaded Penguin said:
Did a single header of McCammon's go to one of our players? Did any of his crosses (think he had 2 or 3) go to one of our players? What did he contribute today?

Yes, on headers, he wasn't on for that long but a few of his flick-ons found their mark.

How many of ANY of our crosses found their mark in the box today, including his? Very, very few, we didn't have a lot of joy when the Blades were back defending in numbers.

I dislike this style of criticism of a player, all negative, no serious attempt to look for good things about his play, just the bad to vindicate and justify previously posted opinions on NSC. Our players deserve a bit better than that and I think Big Mac does especially.

Millwall wouldn't be grabbing him back off us if he was as bad as you imply, nor would they have stopped him playing in the FA Cup.

He will be a free agent at the end of the season and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he came back to us when Millwall stop holding him a prisoner.

Jul 20, 2003
Downloaded Penguin said:
.......... What did he contribute today?

and we've done f*** all in the league since he's played for us, I'd prefer we had Denis Bergkamp

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He does tend to draw the defenders away from Leon at times. If you were defending against us and one of the opposition strikers is 6ft 4 in, and the other is 5ft 4in wouldn't you tend to expect the big fella to get the ball first?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Leon has scored twice since we had McCammon.

Think about it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm with Yorkie on this. The word catalyst springs to mind.

John Boy said:
The little large partnership does work. Leon played well with Chris Iwelumo last year.

Sorry I have to disagree Leon got nearly all his goals in the first part of the season before big chris came to us. After this point nearly all Leons goals came from pens.

Unfortunatly his baron spell pushed into this season also, however as McGhee has stated he's had something extra about him in the last few games. and scoring 2 goals in open play highlights this, however neither goals had anything to do with Big Mark who I have to say is one of the worst strikers we've had since Silky Dave Cameron. Please McGhee don't renew his loan spell he's utter SHITE!!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
So you think you know better than Mr McGhee then?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I posted about this yesterday. I think catalyst is the wrong word, but he definitely drew defenders away from Leon. in terms of ball play, though, he was very poor. Still, if his mere presence on the pitch worked, fairplay!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I think it adds, something extra to the squad. He draws defenders to him, thus leaving more space for Leon. Okay so he might not have been involved directly with the two latest Leon goals, but I am sure that the defenders were a little tired after chasing McGammon only to then have to turn and run after Leon. We are having our best spell of the season at the moment, we look more like play-off contenders then the relegations dead certs we were at the start of the season. All this ties in with the loan spell of McGammon. McGhee seems to see things in players that others do not. Currie was a prime example of this. So if McGhee wants McGammon then I am sure there is something there. Thats why we play the club to be at the games and the club play McGhee to be at the games.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
If we signed my gran to play up front, some of you would still insist she was making a valid contribution.

McCammon is not up to it. end of.

Fortunately, he has gone back to Millwall now.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I can remember when M.M signed Currie the outburst on here and the way he played for the first month was awfull. But credit to M.M, in Currie he was proved right. Lets hope he see's something in Mcgammon, I for one am prepared to give M.M the credit he knows what he is doing.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Did anyone else notice McCammon moaning about poor service after he had only been on the pitch for about 3 mins?

He did get to the bye-line and try and cross a couple of times, but both were blocked for corners.

Also, did anyone else see him do a Jonah step-over - that made me smile.

Others have metioned catalyst to our recent good performance since the arrival of the big man - don't forget OGH has become more regular too and the first goal at Shef was down to the tacckle he won on the half-way line, got up and immediatly passed to LK when we were 3 on 1.

Last comment - WE WON AT SHEFFIELD UTD - FFS BE HAPPY!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here