Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCammon scores

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Lord B you senile old twat as its now been pointed out that you have trouble reading and understanding simple English will you join me and cough up some of 'your hard earned money' and make a donation to the children's hospice if McCammon doesn't score a goal in the CHAMPIONSHIP between now and the end of the season?
:dunce:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Harty said:
Lord B you senile old twat as its now been pointed out that you have trouble reading and understanding simple English will you join me and cough up some of 'your hard earned money' and make a donation to the children's hospice if McCammon doesn't score a goal in the CHAMPIONSHIP between now and the end of the season?
:dunce:

Um, wasn't it Lord B who pointed out the bit about the Championship?

???

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
No he said I'd talk my way out of it, but as was pointed out to him shortly after I had nothing to talk myself out of.:lolol:

Anyway I can call him a senile old twat because I pop in and see him at the old folks home in Lewes on a regular basis.

Sorry, Harty ...

The "talk his way out of ..." spin that I put on the message above was more to do with the fact that there was some suggestion in the NSC chat room that a gloating call to the phone-in might have produced one of those "moments" that make the phone-in worth listening to.

In those circumstances, you would, indeed, have talked your way out of the situation. And quite right too.

I posted your original message to show that you had never suggested that Big Mac wouldn't score again this season ... it was my way of backing you against the clever-dicks in the chat room who thought you had got it wrong.

By all means, call me a senile old twat. The only thing that worries me about that is that people might confuse me with BensGrandad.

PS ... Sorry, Brian.

:)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Lord Bracknell said:
Sorry, Harty ...

The "talk his way out of ..." spin that I put on the message above was more to do with the fact that there was some suggestion in the NSC chat room that a gloating call to the phone-in might have produced one of those "moments" that make the phone-in worth listening to.

In those circumstances, you would, indeed, have talked your way out of the situation. And quite right too.

I posted your original message to show that you had never suggested that Big Mac wouldn't score again this season ... it was my way of backing you against the clever-dicks in the chat room who thought you had got it wrong.

By all means, call me a senile old twat. The only thing that worries me about that is that people might confuse me with BensGrandad.

PS ... Sorry, Brian.

:)

lets see harty talk his way out of THAT one!

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
London Irish said:
Well done Big Mac - important win for Brizzle as it gets them out of the relegation mess.

Big Mac deserves a bit of luck now after his injuries, operations and the warm embrace of the Albion moaners.
and the poor treatment he received from the manager who brought him to Brighton.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What?

I cannot believe what I am reading.

The guy was shit, never kept himself in shape and showed no talent whatsoever.

So he scored a goal. Big f***ing deal. Even a blind squirrel finds the occasional nut.

This man should not be a professional footballer.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Harty said:

Anyway I can call him a senile old twat because I pop in and see him at the old folks home in Lewes on a regular basis.

Tell you what, harty. Hold on to the chocolates but bring chrysanthemums. Much easier to digest. Unlike your words.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Mona, poor treatment? McGhee gave him endless chances, many more chances than he gave Iwelumo who he wrote off as being 'not good enough for the Championship' before the season began. I guess we'll see if Iwelumo is good enough next season, eh?

Also, having watched the Championship this morning, McCammon's goal was a simple finish into a virtually unguarded net which I would expect any park footballer to be embarassed at missing.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Richie Morris said:
What?

I cannot believe what I am reading.

The guy was shit, never kept himself in shape and showed no talent whatsoever.

So he scored a goal. Big f***ing deal. Even a blind squirrel finds the occasional nut.

This man should not be a professional footballer.

McCammon has been given glowing reviews by the City fans for his home debut performance Richie. He scored one goal, made another, set up chances and ran selflessly for the team.

Perhaps he has found his level, and remember, he has an FA Cup medal too.

You are hardly in a position to say whether someone should be a professional or not.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Lord B no problem at all, tell matron to get you ready for 3 as I think a trip to Leonardslee Gardens looks on the cards!
Tell Roz not to worry as I will have you back in time for Songs of Praise.:clap2:

1066gull

Sorry for not putting my name in my text. I was the McCammon one questioning your opinion on Marky Mac not being able to score.:dunce:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
the full harris said:
Mona, poor treatment? McGhee gave him endless chances, many more chances than he gave Iwelumo who he wrote off as being 'not good enough for the Championship' before the season began. I guess we'll see if Iwelumo is good enough next season, eh?

Also, having watched the Championship this morning, McCammon's goal was a simple finish into a virtually unguarded net which I would expect any park footballer to be embarassed at missing.
I was having a dig at MM rather than saying how good McCammon was. I agree with you Iwelumo is the player that we should never have let go. I believe we had first option on him at the start of this season and MM recommended him to Phil Parkinson.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Whatever happens the hospice will get some dough, and bascailly however bad things may seem at the Albion, going and seeing the good work they do at Chestnut Tree puts all this relegation mullarkey into perspective.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Very true harty, worse shit happens in life- the good times will be back again but we have not given to right to come straight back up- just look at the Gills, forest and Rotheram

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here