Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCammon scores again

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
League One is more physical. He could deffo do a job!

Unless McGhee deceides to play him at left back or something.

League One this season:

Mark McCammon 4 goals in 8 games
Leon Knight 5 goals in 15 games

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
El Turi said:
Surely worth taking him back next season?
Would McGhee swallow his pride?

Would McCammon want to come back after being treated so shabbily?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: McCammon scores again

Silent Bob said:

Possibly treated shabbily the manager, definitely treated worse than any recent player by the all knowing NSC. His contract is out at the end of this season isn't it? No chance of him returning I wouldn't have thought

Re: Re: McCammon scores again

Silent Bob said:

Don't tell me that after all the slaggings of Big Mac you've put on here over the last two seasons, you're now going to support him? :thud:

It's just any excuse to bash McGhee, isn't it?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Who said I'm supporting him? I'm just saying there is NO chance of him coming back here.

Silent Bob said:
Who said I'm supporting him? I'm just saying there is NO chance of him coming back here.

So was McGhee right or not to offload him?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
So was McGhee right or not to offload him?

I'd have liked to have seen him given the chance to prove us all wrong, there was no-one wlse who carried his physical threat in the penalty area, and we were no better off once he'd gone. I was quite impressed with him on Harty's phone in, unprofessional but plenty of pride.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
McCammon was not and never will be the right player for us.

Good Luck to him, though I'm not sure Bristol City will want to sign him permanently anyway.

My view is that McCammon was unlucky to be offloaded on loan - but it was a logical decision because of the choices we had and Big Mac's injury record.

We had to keep the youngsters CKR, Jake and Gatting and El Turi needed more opportunities. So in order to bring someone else in, Big Mac had to be sacrificed - there was no one else to pick.

I thought McGhee supported him well while he was here - he was ever present in the 16 last season until the disciplinary problems last season, but McGhee quickly forgave him that and he was brought back on board quickly.

It seemed as though the summer signings would make him a makeweight, but in fact he was brought back into the 16 very early this season and only lost his place due to injury. As soon as he was fit, again McGhee brought him back straight away. In the home game against Millwall, McGhee after the match was full of praise for his workrate and effort.

But I think McGhee made the hard decision because his scoring rate at Championship level wasn't going to rescue us and there was always lingering doubts over his fitness. Big Mac was entitled to feel aggrieved, but he was wrong like Knight and Kuipers to voice that outside the camp and it's obvious from that point he was never coming back, and nor should he.

Bris C will be a good move for Big Mac, I wish him good luck because 99% of the time he was here, he gave his all, even if was not quite good enough for us at Championship level.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think if we can't get GNW then we need to keep hold of him but it certainly doesn't look like that will happen, his contract is up isn't it? Still maintain he would have done a job for us, he might have got a few goals (admittedly nowhere near like he has in the div below) but he was the big physical lump we needed up front to unsettle defences and allow others around him to play. His alround play isn't as good as GNW but until we could got him Mac would have been a good alternative as a target man.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
London Irish said:
League One this season:

Mark McCammon 4 goals in 8 games
Leon Knight 5 goals in 15 games

Two very good players at that level. Questionable at our currnt level but both would be very useful next season.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Re: McCammon scores again

London Irish said:
Don't tell me that after all the slaggings of Big Mac you've put on here over the last two seasons, you're now going to support him? :thud:

It's just any excuse to bash McGhee, isn't it?

Not going to lie and say i rate Mccammon :lolol:

But i find it hard to see him coming back has they do seem to a deifference of views!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Re: Re: Re: Re: McCammon scores again

Kinky Gerbils said:

But i find it hard to see him coming back has they do seem to a deifference of views!

uh-oh:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here