Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Brian Paddick (Lib Dem)

Votes: 6 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm disappointed by Brian Paddick to be honest.

Comes across very badly when interviewed, which is a shame.

( and a shame that actually counts )

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Man of the people.

070814borismain.jpg

Agreed. Paddick was starting from a long way back due to his record in charge of the police in Lambeth and some of the more colourful revelations/allegations about his private life a few years back.

Hard to be conviced by his website claim that he will be the great crimestopper, when he pretty instructed his officers to allow canabis use to go unchekced in Lambeth.

So there we have the choice...
Continue with Ken (who in my opinion has gone stale) or go with Boris due to the lack of any other viable option.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Agreed. Paddick was starting from a long way back due to his record in charge of the police in Lambeth and some of the more colourful revelations/allegations about his private life a few years back.

Hard to be conviced by his website claim that he will be the great crimestopper, when he pretty instructed his officers to allow canabis use to go unchekced in Lambeth.

So there we have the choice...
Continue with Ken (who in my opinion has gone stale) or go with Boris due to the lack of any other viable option.

Not quite true to be honest although it was probably reported like that.

There were MORE cannabis arrests in Lambeth because of that policy.

They seemed to be busting dealers all the time and I should know to be honest, I live just off a very notorious road.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Also interesting is what will happen to Sir Ian Blair after the elections if, and I am saying if, Ken loses.

Blair seems to be so instrinsically linked to Ken that surely he has to go in that case?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Also interesting is what will happen to Sir Ian Blair after the elections if, and I am saying if, Ken loses.

Blair seems to be so instrinsically linked to Ken that surely he has to go in that case?

What would be interesting, is if Paddick won.

There is a lot of history there, especially over Stockwell.

Dandyman

In London village.

Which is something Ken has been attacked for by the Trots (Left List aka SWP). I think that might prove a tricky one for Johnson if he squeezes in. Does he attempt a compromise or seek to pressure Blair out and risk been seen as undermining the war on nouns? (I think the actual appointment is made by the Home Secretary)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ken :thumbsup:

Has the interests of ordinary Londoners at heart.

So successful in defending ordinary Londoners during the Thatcher Years that the vindictive bitch had to have the Greater London Council made defunct.

Hated by Thatcher. Hated by Blair. Must have been doing something VERY right.

Best (living) conviction politician of his generation :thumbsup:

I could not put it better myself. Ken will win.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I would love to see Boris as the Mayor of London. That would be very funny, very funny indeed.

Obviously I speak as someone who does not work, live, or pretend to have anything to do with facking London taaahn.

Not quite true to be honest although it was probably reported like that.

There were MORE cannabis arrests in Lambeth because of that policy.

They seemed to be busting dealers all the time and I should know to be honest, I live just off a very notorious road.

Fair enough, I will bow to your local knowledge on that one as I live in SE9.

Dandyman

In London village.
I would love to see Boris as the Mayor of London. That would be very funny, very funny indeed.

Obviously I speak as someone who does not work, live, or pretend to have anything to do with facking London taaahn.

I think Livingstone could use that as a call to arms. ;)

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
What would be interesting, is if Paddick won.

There is a lot of history there, especially over Stockwell.

I think it is VERY unlikely Paddick will win. He has been a disappointment as you rightly said. He just doesn't seem to inspire much.

Then again, the whole LD's seem rather weak these days. I think Nick Clegg is a joke, a poor man's Cameron who thinks talking about his sex life will boost his poll rating...

Dandyman

In London village.
I think it is VERY unlikely Paddick will win. He has been a disappointment as you rightly said. He just doesn't seem to inspire much.

Then again, the whole LD's seem rather weak these days. I think Nick Clegg is a joke, a poor man's Cameron who thinks talking about his sex life will boost his poll rating...

The fight is between Livingstone and Johnson. The only real significance of the other candidates will lie with their second preference votes.

Dandyman

In London village.
Which would probably go in the newt fanciers favour ? You'd think

Greens and Left List - Livingstone

BNP, Christians - Johnson

Lib Dems - probably Livingstone but might depend on horse trading.

Others - who knows?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Which would probably go in the newt fanciers favour ? You'd think

Not sure about that. Christian/BNP/English Democrat and other assorted loonies won't vote for Ken under any crcumstances.

The congestion charge/bendy buses/Ian Blair/Boris making the right noises about black on black crime/Sleaze within the current administration/Evening Standard, Metro and the London shockjock djs telling everybody how bad Ken is might just swing it.

I don't actually much care. And neither by the looks of it do any of our main political parties.

You should care. Like it or not,what happens in London has repercussions around the rest of the country. If the big investment banks etc. get narked off and take their big old corporate offices elsewhere, then many of the regular NSC commuters could certainly be affected. Likewise the money that London generates in taxes is not used solely by London but a large chunk of it gets distributed elsewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here