Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mayo, Whing or El-Abd?

no idea

he's right footed though:drink:

Ok fair enough maybe he is. But my argument is that I think Hinshelwood is a better defender than El-Abd or Mayo so stick him in at leftback, the put Virgo in his best position in central defence.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Ok fair enough maybe he is. But my argument is that I think Hinshelwood is a better defender than El-Abd or Mayo so stick him in at leftback, the put Virgo in his best position in central defence.

I don't see why Hinshelwood should be expected to move from CB (where he has been pretty good) to LB just to fit Virgo in.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

or we could do the sensible thing as we have an abundance of centre backs and one full back, and play 3-5-2 or 3-4-3. Hinshlewood, Virgo and Elphick at the back *GOODTIMES*

I don't see why Hinshelwood should be expected to move from CB (where he has been pretty good) to LB just to fit Virgo in.

This is not to fit Virgo in, this is to sort out an emergency leftback for one game. I believe that Hinshelwood is a better defender than El Abd and Mayo, I also think that Virgo is a better defender than El Abd and Mayo.
Hinshelwood has been playing at the left side of central defence for the last two games, so move him temporarily to leftback and put Virgo in at centre back.

or we could do the sensible thing as we have an abundance of centre backs and one full back, and play 3-5-2 or 3-4-3. Hinshlewood, Virgo and Elphick at the back *GOODTIMES*

Good point, who would you play on the left side of midfield of the 3-5-2 formation?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
That 'good times' stuff everyone keeps saying is getting on my tits.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There is one other possibility, not that I would go with it, and play Livermore at left back as he has played there before but has only been training this week so may not be ready yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here