Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mayo, Whing or El-Abd?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
According to Argus these are our choices for left back tomorow. Is anyone else filled with horror at this?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Hinshelwood, El-Abd or Virgo at right back?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
LB: Whing
CB: Elphick
CB: Hinshelwood
RB: VIrgo

Seems the only sensible option to me - I'm sure many will disagree however.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
LB: Whing
CB: Elphick
CB: Hinshelwood
RB: VIrgo

Seems the only sensible option to me - I'm sure many will disagree however.

After watching Virgo's carthorse display against Stockport at right back, I wouldnt want him anyway near playing there. I dont think he is a shit player, but he has to be playing centre back or be benched. It is unfair on the lad to keep playing him out of position "to do a job"

Cant believe I am saying this but maybe El Abd is a better option there, better still, Steve "LONG THROW MACHINE" Cook.

I would still stick with Whing there as its his natural position. then we will either have either Mayo playing left back, or just one player playing out of position at the back instead of two.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Andy Whing was training at left back yesterday
Yup, he was, presumably because he feels more comfortable on the left than Virgo does.

Whether he starts at left back, well I couldn't say.

Though I think we could line up that way, with Hinsh and Elphick in the centre, and El-Abd in centre midfield, most likely with Fraser.

I guess it's just a matter of who I'd prefer in CM out of El-Abd and Virgo. I guess at least it means Virgo probably won't be starting on the wing.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
After watching Virgo's carthorse display against Stockport at right back, I wouldnt want him anyway near playing there. I dont think he is a shit player, but he has to be playing centre back or be benched. It is unfair on the lad to keep playing him out of position "to do a job"

Cant believe I am saying this but maybe El Abd is a better option there, better still, Steve "LONG THROW MACHINE" Cook[/QUOTE

I think everyone except Adams agrees with centerback or nothing for Virgo.

And at Peterborough. I think we'll give this a miss tomorrow now, really don't want to witness another organisational shambles.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The answer is Doug Loft :thumbsup:

What about putting Hinshelwood at leftback, he plays on the left side of central defence and I think is naturally left footed. Then put Virgo where he belongs, in central defence!

Hinshelwood Virgo Elphick Whing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here