Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mayo or Harding?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Who should play at left back on Saturday?

Personally I'd go for Mayo. I think he ran Currie close for MOM against Coventry, although it looked as though he may have had a poor last ten minutes (couldn't see that clearly from where I was sitting in B Block, South Stand).

Harding has made me nervous every time he has the ball for the last few games and although he may be a better long term prospect I think he needs a little time on the bench.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
See how Harding does tomorrow night.

Oct 25, 2003
mayo always plays well when he's been dropped for a while(like in the div 2 championship winning side), he'll be good now but will slowly become shit- then put our england u-21 left back:)jester: ) in, until he's shit, then put mayo in

its nice to have a little bit of depth

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Mayo looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights when we started out in this division last time round, but he picked his game up and performed well as the season went on. The experience will serve him well and he looked stronger than Harding on Saturday, so I would go with him right now. Harding has come a long way in a short time and could do with the pressure being taken off him as we try and find our feet at this level. He remains a good long-term prospect

Overall, it is good that there is competition for the position, we didn't have that 2 years ago.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Harding - next question ?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Agree with Harding. he has been under pressure but is a confidence player and after his England call up will be back to the way he played at the end of last season.

Good luck if you play tomorrow Dan. We are all behind you :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Harding for the future,however Mayo had a good game Saturday and played well in div 1 last time.Mayo should keep his place until he has a mare.Also a lesson to Harding that he has to play for the shirt.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Play the Ginger One...he's done well enough to justify a run in the side. And let's face it-Dan H has been quite poor this season.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Mayo is a complete donkey, hes got no pace, cant pass, and tacking and heading is a bit suspect as well.

I have no understanding why people think he is any good at all.

every time he plays he makes at least one fairly large mistake which for a senior player is not good enough.

as for Jones at left back, dont make me laugh.

Englands U21 for me..

babyshambles

Jul 21, 2004
Brighton
jones is a great winger, fustrating at times but he's always involved when we score, such a dangerous player, probably see the best of him now he has another player in jarret that plays a similar attacking role.
mayo is brighton through and through, though i fear only a squad player in div1, you got to learn to pass out of defence in this league, a skill we havent seen an awful lot from mr mayo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here