bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
goldstoneinvasion.jpg

i love that picture, and i'm in it...

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I'm in there too. Somewhere! A sad day, and despite all the successes and great moments this club has had before and since, I don't think any season will ever mean as much to me as that one did.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
i was right at the back of the north stand that day. I was wearing a teeshirt and my goalie top. Some one had lit a fire in the stand and i got very hot and fainted. Someone held me up (thansk for than) and i treied to get out. I could not more!! So i went to the frount of the stand and went into the st. J's for a cup of tea and a bickie. When i was walking back up the stand we scored and the place went mental!! fing brill!! i went back to all my mates and was jumping all around when sudenly my mate trumped me one and i landed on the floor! people held me back as if i was gonna finnish it! anyway, what had heppened is that when we were chearing he had broken his arm on the blue bars!!!

so long ago no and still no ground.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
i was right at the back of the north stand that day. I was wearing a teeshirt and my goalie top. Some one had lit a fire in the stand and i got very hot and fainted. Someone held me up (thansk for than) and i treied to get out. I could not more!! So i went to the frount of the stand and went into the st. J's for a cup of tea and a bickie. When i was walking back up the stand we scored and the place went mental!! fing brill!! i went back to all my mates and was jumping all around when sudenly my mate trumped me one and i landed on the floor! people held me back as if i was gonna finnish it! anyway, what had heppened is that when we were chearing he had broken his arm on the blue bars!!!

so long ago no and still no ground.

http://www.3ammagazine.com/litarchives/2002_jan/boxy_an_star.html

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Such an emotional day. I was in the north stand. Does anyone remember it kicking off between 2 albion fans at half time? One guy was wearing a Brazil shirt. Another was accusing him of wearing the "palace away shirt!" The accuser got punched in the face and his glasses broke. Albion fans also lobbed bananas at the Donny player who was sent off. Swampy climbed onto the roof of what I think was the northwest terrace? Some random guy stripped at the end and did a jig on the east terrace. The whole ground got torn up. A very very strange day. The following week we were fighting for our lives at Hereford. And Some of you are scared of the Stockport game!!!!! You have no idea of what it's like to be scared of relegation!

God I'd forgotten the bloke dancing, didn't he take his clothes off? Very amusing!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It's a strange and wonderful thing. The last two weeks of that season, scrapping away at the foot of the league for the honour of being the 91st placed team in the land, was the BEST time I have EVER had following the Albion. The strength and the spirit of the supporters along with the fire and fight of the team made for a very special cocktail.

I've said it before but I can't imagine ANY win ever meaning as much as either the Doncaster or Hereford matches. It was a special time to follow the Albion and none of us that were there will forget it. Everything that has happened since is all the sweeter for having ground out that season.

Raise a glass with me...TO THE GOLDSTONE!

Saturday will be nervous but it won't come close to those two weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here