Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

May 3rd 1997. Where were YOU?

We couldn't get tickets for Hereford so instead drove to Hove hoping to listen to the game from the Goldstone. Weren't allowed in there, so listened to it in Hove park on the car radio.

A few others had the same idea, and some LUNATIC even brought a bottle of champagne along.

Nervous, nervous scenes, epitomised when Millard screamed "For Christ's sake, PASS it!" to (I think) Stuart Storer with a few minutes to go.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
At Edgar Street. Numb with anxiety and convinced we'd somehow contrive to cock it up.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Drunk three bottles of red wine whilst listening to the match on the radio and cooking some sort of food.Obviously the food was seciondary, probably inedible after so much wine. However when RRs goal went in , loads of noise was heard coming from my kitchen.

TNBA

TTF

We passed them on the stairs. Us going up to the banquet, them going to rot in the cellar. With a wave goodbye Palace drop and die!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Behind the goal at Edgar Street having bought three tickets off Albion's most famous tout, Tony Bloom. Best fleecing I've ever had! Awesome day, best ever as an Albion fan.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
on a mini bus,pissed by 12,16 of us in the hereford end,got sussed but moved to bha end,nearly fainted at half time,then chased by the locals after,happy days

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Away end......20 b&h........a bag of nerves.........the pain....KM's own goal........the hope.....RR's beauty.......the joy and relief.......the final whistle..........the hangover from hell.......the following day!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
sitting on my bed watching it unfold on Grandstand.

Oct 24, 2007
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
We couldn't get tickets for Hereford so instead drove to Hove hoping to listen to the game from the Goldstone. Weren't allowed in there, so listened to it in Hove park on the car radio.

A few others had the same idea, and some LUNATIC even brought a bottle of champagne along.

Nervous, nervous scenes, epitomised when Millard screamed "For Christ's sake, PASS it!" to (I think) Stuart Storer with a few minutes to go.

At Wembley for the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final, saw the result on various televisons after the game as we walked pass Comets.

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
At Edgar Street, part of the Gulls Eye coach trip.

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
listening to the radio at my flat, missus and 11month old daughter napping in next room. Me a bag of nerves, and then noislessly dancing and silent 'yes-sing' and screaming around my front room so as not to wake sleeping babes...

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
Away end thinking at half time the trap door was open ready to accept us. How them next 45 minutes change the future of Brighton and Hove Albion.
Walk back to train station was very interesting with the locals wanting to kick the f*ck out of anyone with a Brighton colours.

Happy days.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
A gibbering wreck at Edgar Street with the wife and two mates, one of whom lived in Brighton and was a regular at the Goldstone but was in fact a gooner and had followed Arsenal around Europe. He still says it was the most viscerally horrible football experience he's ever gone thru and will ever go through. Whenever we talk football in any group, especially Premiership orientated ones, he will always talk down anyone who talks about "pressure" games and say Brighton/Hereford was the ultimate game of death!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here