Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maupay/Connolly - our best striker "gelled" pairing since....????

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
More likely Connelly was really injured by that challenge and they switched subs.

Yes I thought at the time Connelly looked injured to me. Maybe not because of the accidental stamp on his foot causing damage to his foot but the resulting sprain on his ankle as he attempted to move from that position.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
John Shepherd who passed away a couple of years ago was top scorer in the 1958 promotion season. ��
No he wasn't. He came from Millwall after we were promoted. Peter Harburn and Dave Sexton were our joint top goal-scorers in the promotion season (20 goals apiece).
I think he was a replacement for Harburn, who got a big move to Everton (which didn't go that well).

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
No he wasn't. He came from Millwall after we were promoted. Peter Harburn and Dave Sexton were our joint top goal-scorers in the promotion season (20 goals apiece).
I think he was a replacement for Harburn, who got a big move to Everton (which didn't go that well).

I stand corrected. Could have sworn he was in the 1958 team celebration pic.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
In my lifetime:

-Zamora & Steele. The bustling Lee Steele was a great accompaniment to the general class on Zamora
-Knight & Benjamin/Iwelumo. Both similar partnerships but I actually think the short lived Benjamin partnership was the better one for Knight. He always needed a big lad alongside him and both were very good big strikers.
-Murray & Forster. Probably my favourite combo from this list. I absolutely loved Nicky Forster and think he's one of our greatest ever strikers. These two were such a clever partnership- the wily fox in the box Forster alongside the graceful and poised Murray. Brilliant
-Murray & Barnes. Banged in a lot of goals in that League One title season with a strong supporting cast behind them. This was Murray's best season in his first spell and a young Ashley Barnes added a lot
-Murray & Baldock. Baldock wasn't prolific but this was by far his best season. The Murray & Hemed partnership never really got going but as soon as you replaced either of them with Baldock sparks started to fly. His industry and pace resulted in so many goals that season

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
In my lifetime:

-Zamora & Steele. The bustling Lee Steele was a great accompaniment to the general class on Zamora
-Knight & Benjamin/Iwelumo. Both similar partnerships but I actually think the short lived Benjamin partnership was the better one for Knight. He always needed a big lad alongside him and both were very good big strikers.
-Murray & Forster. Probably my favourite combo from this list. I absolutely loved Nicky Forster and think he's one of our greatest ever strikers. These two were such a clever partnership- the wily fox in the box Forster alongside the graceful and poised Murray. Brilliant
-Murray & Barnes. Banged in a lot of goals in that League One title season with a strong supporting cast behind them. This was Murray's best season in his first spell and a young Ashley Barnes added a lot
-Murray & Baldock. Baldock wasn't prolific but this was by far his best season. The Murray & Hemed partnership never really got going but as soon as you replaced either of them with Baldock sparks started to fly. His industry and pace resulted in so many goals that season

I'd take Murray and Forster over Barnes and Baldock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here