Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Who can forget last season when every shot on target used to go in when Ryan played !!!! Usually after we had missed about 4 sitters. He will flop in spain.

back to Perth rovers in no time.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Good luck to the bloke.
Seems a decent fella and always did his best.
We've upgraded now and he's got a decent deal back in Spain.

Another glowing endorsement for Ben Roberts,
Hopefully we can keep him, regardless what happens to our keepers, over the next few years.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I must say, this is quite impressive:

That’s a full 30-minute live press conference. I had no idea his Spanish was that good.

Certainly a better debut press conference than Moyes!

That is impressive.....and clearly Senior Ryan is better at Spanish than he is at corners!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Dropped from the team and told looking for another club might be a good idea. Not direct sacking you’re right, of course.
Okay
Good to see he’s bounced back.

Think he’s still out injured but yes I hope he bounces back. His form/confidence took a dip at the start of last season and I do get it that when you make the decision to give a new keeper a run of games (more than any other position on the pitch) it has ramifications for the person replaced. Was he harshly “moved on” or was it just being fair with him? Pretty clear he felt the former while hopefully the intention from the club was the latter.

But I loved his enthusiasm and commitment running the length of the pitch to congratulate goal scorers and interacting with fans. At Arsenal on loan all the comments were about what a good trainer and good influence in the dressing room he is. So maybe “too short” and (my only personal criticism) didn’t stop enough direct shots, but still a very good keeper and not too far from being mentioned among the best we’ve had.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here