Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
You'd imagine the new Celtic manager has probably had a fair number of dealings with Maty in Australia, so it definitely makes sense. He's likely earning not a million miles away from what Duffy is on, so the finances can probably be worked out for a loan deal certainly. Whether or not Celtic could fund a permanent transfer, which would be preferable for all parties, is another question.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You'd imagine the new Celtic manager has probably had a fair number of dealings with Maty in Australia, so it definitely makes sense. He's likely earning not a million miles away from what Duffy is on, so the finances can probably be worked out for a loan deal certainly. Whether or not Celtic could fund a permanent transfer, which would be preferable for all parties, is another question.

Postecoglou was the Australia manager, who made Ryan their number one.

Jul 20, 2003
The Athletic reported that Arsenal want to sign Freddie Woodman from Newcastle, as their preference is to have a younger HGP as a backup rather than an experienced non-HGP.

Arsenal also linked to Aaron Ramsdale ... mind you Arsenal seem to be linked to just about every player in the world at the moment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Arsenal also linked to Aaron Ramsdale ... mind you Arsenal seem to be linked to just about every player in the world at the moment.

Arsenal are definitely having a ''look at us, we're still relevant' summer.

The penny dropping as the window slams shut when they realise they no longer are, is going to be glorious.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Overrated from what l've seen of him. I know he was selected for the England Euro squad as a replacement player, but lets face it, there is something of a dearth in the goalkeeper department at the moment.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Overrated from what l've seen of him. I know he was selected for the England Euro squad as a replacement player, but lets face it, there is something of a dearth in the goalkeeper department at the moment.

Agree. Involved in two consecutive relegations. 'Not me m'lord!'.

Rarely keeps a clean-sheet. Ramsdale has the occasional good game, though doesn't every average keeper?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Arsenal need home grown players to fill out their squad. It’s a well known secret that they’re in a massive mess in that sense.

It’s why they want a back-up English keeper and are going to be happy to spend £50m to get White. Terribly run club.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Arsenal need home grown players to fill out their squad. It’s a well known secret that they’re in a massive mess in that sense.

It’s why they want a back-up English keeper and are going to be happy to spend £50m to get White. Terribly run club.

First it's Bissouma Arsenal are on the verge of signing for megabucks, now it seems to be Ben White.

Just where do people pick up these rumours from! :facepalm:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Hasn’t Ryan only got a year left on his contract ?

Surely a loan is not good for us as a club? Whether Ryan likes it or not why would we accept a loan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Surely a loan is not good for us as a club? Whether Ryan likes it or not why would we accept a loan?

Gets rid of his ages. He pretty much has no transfer value right ?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Gets rid of his ages. He pretty much has no transfer value right ?

Well both Celtic and the Gooners were talking fees. So, no.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

A loan fee and they cover his wages seems like a good deal.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

We’re not privy to the details are we.

They may be paying a loan fee, they may be covering the wages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here