Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matthew Tubbs

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Tubbs isn't a bad player but I don't really see him as being Championship standard, he is a bit like Stuart Fleetwood who was also good at that level but completely out of his depth anywhere higher. However, the player I really rate from Crawley is Kyle McFadzean, but again I don't think he has enough for the Championship. Mind you, with the standard of coaching at the Albion there is nothing to suggest that we wouldn't be able to develop a Conference player and turn them into one fit for the Championship.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We're going to need better than non-league players at this level.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Not for me thanks. For every non league striker who makes it big 99 fail to reach Championship level. Think he'll be good in L2, could be a squad player in L1 for right club, but not for us in my opinion. Also would be overpriced I'm sure.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I have seen Matt Tubbs play a lot over the last year and he is one to watch, I done a thread about him before and I really rate him, he would be horrible to mark, he is all over the shop, has great vision and most importantly knows where the back of the net is, but he is also an intelligent player, brings others into the game and works very hard for the team. I would welcome him at Brighton certainly as a squad player, someone to come off the bench, he really can be that good on his day.

Not a dig, but I love that term "he knows where the back of the net is". After 15 years or so from youth and drawing a wage from the game then so he should.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Bit of a gamble on a player that has played no hire that the conference.

Oh dear. "no hire that the conference". Really? Arguably one of the most illiterate postings that has ever been made on here. I will of course apologise profusely upon receipt of written confirmation of a valid cause for your apparent mental retardation.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
However, the player I really rate from Crawley is Kyle McFadzean

Not even the best defender at Crawley! For potential Charlie Wassmer looks like he's going to be a real player!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here