Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matthew Sparrow

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Could todays sending off and the return to fitness of Dicker mean we have seen the last of Sparrow in a Brighton shirt?

D

Deleted member 22389

Matt Sparrow is a good player. He made a mistake like everyone else does, he got sent off. No he will still be here and good on him.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
No one will be more gutted than Sparrow himself. Brilliant in January, then unlucky red card and he misses out for 2 months.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can anyone who was at the game enlighten us on EXACTLY what happened for his second yellow?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He only got back in because of the virus. From the sounds of it, he's been hard done by with the second yellow card but it wouldn't be the first thing Aspinall got wrong today if it was blatant. A real shame, but he's not to blame for the result today.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
How long is the ban? 1 match or longer due to bad record this season?

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Andy Naylor seems to think he took one for the team???

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Can anyone who was at the game enlighten us on EXACTLY what happened for his second yellow?

Shirt pull on the guy who had just run through a couple of Albion players leaving them for dead, Spazza then pulled the bloke back. At leas thats how I thought I saw it

Andy Naylor seems to think he took one for the team???

agreed

Leicester Seagull

Oct 24, 2009
Shirt pull on the guy who had just run through a couple of Albion players leaving them for dead, Spazza then pulled the bloke back. At leas thats how I thought I saw it

agreed

From where I was standing, it still looked a bit unnecessary on Sparrow's part to take such a risk- we had other players around the ball, and it didn't look too deep into our half either. Still, I could be wrong.

Edit- For the record, I don't think the sending off was as significant as some other posters are making out in regards to our performance- we were poor before he came on, and afterwards too. It was just one more thing that didn't go well for us today.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sparrow is a good solid pro and I am sure he will still be with us next season. He wouldnt be the first to get sent off defending the team and their position.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
From where I was standing, it still looked a bit unnecessary on Sparrow's part to take such a risk- we had other players around the ball, and it didn't look too deep into our half either. Still, I could be wrong.

Edit- For the record, I don't think the sending off was as significant as some other posters are making out in regards to our performance- we were poor before he came on, and afterwards too. It was just one more thing that didn't go well for us today.

exactly...but hey peeps seem to want to blame someone ..surprised he hasn't been blamed for the high oil price etc

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Today we showed our greatest quality. . . . getting points when we don't necessarily deserve them. How many times this season have we struck late to grab a draw or 3 points? Dissapointed with performance but not with result. Could easily have conceded earlier and gone on too lose.
Positives from today . . . Brez had a decent game, kept us in it, made good decisions on corners and crosses. Distribution could improve but looks like he's decent.
Oh and Vicente is a gem. Best player on the pitch, feel sorry for him he has to play in a league where he gets kicked.
Find it funny when going to teams like Leeds and Forest who cant believe that there behind and having to chase Brighton in the table.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Today we showed our greatest quality. . . . getting points when we don't necessarily deserve them. How many times this season have we struck late to grab a draw or 3 points? Dissapointed with performance but not with result. Could easily have conceded earlier and gone on too lose.
Positives from today . . . Brez had a decent game, kept us in it, made good decisions on corners and crosses. Distribution could improve but looks like he's decent.
Oh and Vicente is a gem. Best player on the pitch, feel sorry for him he has to play in a league where he gets kicked.
Find it funny when going to teams like Leeds and Forest who cant believe that there behind and having to chase Brighton in the table.

Best you tell all that to Gus who was spitting feathers in his post match interview , saying he will be changing key players

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Sparrow is a different type of midfielder to Dicker,he can play as an attacking midfielder especially when we play higher tempo like second half against Southampton where he got a brace.Has been playing well and been unlucky with official decisions.Could easily play with Bridcutt and Dicker in a good `Gus` style midfield 3.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here