Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matthew Paul Le Tissier

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
As much as I dislkie Southampton, I have always had a measurable obsession with Le Tiss.

Why Graham Taylor did not build a team around him is anyones guess.

All hail the greatest player from the South Coast.

[yt]FSsdfe4Z69g[/yt]

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't think there's a soccerball fan in England who doesn't have at least a grudging respect for M'tiddlier. He's just the sort of player you ever wanted on your team, and he scored some CLASS goals against the powerhouse teams of his day, on a regular basis.

As was said, it was just his misfortune to be around at the time of some piss poor England management.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He singlehandedly kept Saints in the top division for years. They were a the archetypal one man team.

Quality.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
he was a footballing god. He didn't need to run around when he could score from anywhere, with either foot.

I'm sure he played in an albion 11 in a preseason friendly or testimonial once - did anyone else go?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
he was a footballing god. He didn't need to run around when he could score from anywhere, with either foot.

I'm sure he played in an albion 11 in a preseason friendly or testimonial once - did anyone else go?

jimmy case testimonial against liverpool :thumbsup:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
That last one I believe was the last goal at the Dell, an injury-time winner against Arsenal - you couldn't write a better script. Despite playing at the wrong end of the South Coast, was always my footballing hero as a kid - remember when playing, any goal from outside the area was always hailed as "a Le Tissier".

Played for us in Jimmy Case's testimonial - any pics of him in the Albion colours?

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
That last one I believe was the last goal at the Dell, an injury-time winner against Arsenal - you couldn't write a better script. Despite playing at the wrong end of the South Coast, was always my footballing hero as a kid - remember when playing, any goal from outside the area was always hailed as "a Le Tissier".

Played for us in Jimmy Case's testimonial - any pics of him in the Albion colours?

I was there (place was packed). Pretty sure I remember him clipping the crossbar from distance. Hell of a shot on the man. Think Michael Stensgard may have been in goal (seem to remember he went off injured early on).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And to think at the time we had jokers like Carlton Palmer getting into the team ahead of him.

It's that British trait of putting industry ahead of talent.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
always had a lot of respect for MLT, the last goal at the dell was written for him, if i remember he came off the bench to score it, you wouldnt want anyone else to score the last goal there now would you, Bowdown :bowdown:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

I think a video of this game exists somewhere!

I saw him play in the stripes at the testimonial. If memory serves me right, he did bugger all for a long while. All of a sudden he unleashed a dipping shot from about halfway between the goal and the centre circle...it just went over.
Absolute quality. :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here