Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matter of UK geography - what do you think?

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I remember at school at Boundstone and some broadly accented Yorkshire teacher telling us that Shoreham, Lancing and Worthing were a quiet backwaters compared to Barnsley!

Guess I found out the hard way that he was right .... though not so sure about Lancing anymore!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I believe Boston United were in the Southern Section of the last LDV Vans trophy.

Whereas someone like Hereford got stuck in the north.

Go figure.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
edna krabappel said:
I believe Boston United were in the Southern Section of the last LDV Vans trophy.

Go figure.

Hmm and Kettering, Redditch and Worcester are the in The Conference North, while Bedford and Newport County are in Conference South

Worcester is certainly NORTH of Newport and think the other three must be considered borderline

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
As for next season, my own view is:

SOUTH
Bristol City
Bournemouth
Brentford
Gillingham
Leyton Orient
Millwall
Yeovil

MIDLANDS
Swansea
Northampton
Nottm Forest
Cheltenham

NORTH
Chesterfield
Crewe
Doncaster
Bradford
Blackpool
Carlisle
Huddersfield
Oldham
Port Vale
Scunthorpe
Tranmere
Rotherham

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I often used to ponder when in Bedford, that, in Brighton I lived nearer to Le Havre than to the shithole mentioned above.

Ain't life grand!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
edna krabappel said:

Go figure.
This seasons Carling Cup, Notts County (north bank of the Trent) are in the southern section, whilst Forest (southern bank of the Trent) are in the northern section. Leicester is 30-odd miles south of Nottingham, but is in the northern section of the draw.
No wonder I get lost easily.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Grendel said:
Personally, I think anywhere north of Horsham is deeply strange and should be avoided.

Your a generous man Grendel, my personal northern outpost, is Arundel.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
"I remember at school at Boundstone and some broadly accented Yorkshire teacher telling us that Shoreham, Lancing and Worthing were a quiet backwaters compared to Barnsley!"
QUOTED BY on the left wing.

"Wally Warhurst"?

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I go by accents. The north starts at Luton, and the west country begins at Havant.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
OTLW, agree with most of what you put, however I would like to introduce another geographical area, the West of England. That area should include: Bristol City, Yeovil and Cheltenham. As for Swansea, well that is half way to Ireland.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here