Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Sparrow

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Sparrow was really really good today and am pleased that a thread has been started to show that his performance did not go unnoticed. Barnes also had his best game for a while

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Sparrow was really really good today and am pleased that a thread has been started to show that his performance did not go unnoticed. Barnes also had his best game for a while

Thought I was the only one who noticed! Got shouted down earlier for saying so...
I'd still prefer Hoskins and CMS to start though.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
In my opinion Buckley was mom but I do accept that sparrow is now having an influence on games that he never used to.
So what does Gus do when in the not to distant future lua lua who found some form before he got injured comes back nooney comes back & Buckley & sparrow are in form.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Personally I reckon, when the creative load is spread amongst all the players, not just Lua Lua and Noone, we perform far better. Reckon Sparrow played a blinder today because he is required to do more with the ball than just give it to the aforementioned creative wide men. Sparrow and Navs were excellent today - though I called Liam as MOM - but if you're looking for one criticism they could move it quicker going forward, still it was more than enough to humble City.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I think it was Sparrow and Navarro's best game in a brighton shirt. Our midfield was different class today

Most definitely.

For me Bridcutt did deserve his MOM but Navs & Sparrow were immense. In fact man for man, across the pitch, it was the best overall Brighton performance this season.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The turn of the year has been a revelation, we've seen JFC shine through, and Brezovan and Sparrow have been like new signings! Spadge seems to be loving the attacking role instead of being deeper!!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Buckley MOM for me. Sparrow and Bridcutt not far behind. Delighted to see Spaz playing to his best, however, I suspect he is a front foot player. Not sure he's as useful when we're being pressed back by the oppo. Brizzle offered nothing and because of that he was able to dictate the game.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
MOM from all in our part of North. Very lazy nomination as usual from the sponsors. Although Bridcutt was as usual excellent. Mention in passing to Dunky who barely put a foot wrong.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sparrow showed yesterday exactly why Gus wants him in the team was pushing players forward and winning crunching tackles in the midfield plus hada couple of decent shots this made the difference with our midfield being in total cointrol of the game. Having said that I dont think anybody hada bad game including Barnes who did what he was expected to do welll apart from his awful shooting.

There were many who could have been MOM and I wouldnt have disagreed with any of Buckley, Sparrow Bridcutt or El Abd who all did their job superbly.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think Buckley was the best player on the pitch, followed by Sparrow and then Bridcutt. All those three were superb. I hate to criticise anybody, but they carried our team as an attacking force, because Barnes and Hoskins looked a bit lightweight.

I liked the look of Hoskins today. Better link play than CMS provides and with a great touch on the ball. Agree though that Buckley was ahead of them all.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Thought Hoskins was as isolated at times at CMS generally is but it noticed more given the fact he isnt anywhere fit enough yet. A good session of doggies between defenders and he'll be raring to go before long.

Big shout out to Sparrow - another amazingly energetic performance and unlucky not to score too. Loved his running from midfield to get beyond Hoskins and into the box. More of that style please!!! Excellent well played AGAIN!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The point you've just made on the Barnes thread, makes more sense over here, Woddy.

Words to the effect of :-

Bridcutt, Navarro, Sparrow, and Barnes, all in and around the centre midfield, against a woeful BC, would make it 'easier' to shine out.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
The point you've just made on the Barnes thread, makes more sense over here, Woddy.

Words to the effect of :-

Bridcutt, Navarro, Sparrow, and Barnes, all in and around the centre midfield, against a woeful BC, would make it 'easier' to shine out.

Yh, your probably right although no quite sure what comment you mean.

My comments here were purley about how well Sparrow played and nothing to do with Barnes.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Totally agree, best game I've seen him have in an Albion shirt IMHO. He was the one that always looked like creating something for us today.
Definitely agree it's the best performance I've seen from him, in this and the Southampton game he's played like I always thought he was supposed to, getting forward and supporting attacks. Long may it continue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here