Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Richards

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Threw his toys out of the pram... I think to be honest I heard some comments that were more than a bit harsh which probably just tipped him over the edge. But after gifting them the ball, making no effort to get back and defend, then putting in shit cross after shit cross I think most people were justified in having a go..

To react like he did was a joke, the one shout afterwards of "we pay your f***ing wages!" I feel summed it up.... Anyone hear anything specific shouted that could have made him react in the way he did??

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
He probably reacted the way he did because immediatley prior to that, he'd put in at least four very good crosses. Then admitedly he put in a bad one and half of G block at least started having a go at him. I know players shouldn't react, but he was totally justfied IMHO.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
what did he actually do

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
No professional should react to the crowd. I don't care how much they get abused, or how wrong the crowd are. He should have taken it on the chin. However, I don't think G&H were wrong at all, we had done exactly the same thing over and over and OVER again, and that cross summed the whole game of football up PERFECTLY. Useless.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
He probably reacted the way he did because immediatley prior to that, he'd put in at least four very good crosses. .

I must have missed that!! The crowd got on his back after passing his 5th cross in a row straight to a defender.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He probably reacted the way he did because immediatley prior to that, he'd put in at least four very good crosses. Then admitedly he put in a bad one and half of G block at least started having a go at him. I know players shouldn't react, but he was totally justfied IMHO.

Not sure what game you were watching but from where I was in the South stand, the crowd had a go because he had given the ball away on four consecutive occassions, a couple of sloppy passes and some poor crosses. The crowd were justified to give him stick although I don't know what exactly was said but equally I have no problem if he answers back. He is a better player than todays performance.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I must have missed that!! The crowd got on his back after passing his 5th cross in a row straight to a defender.

When we've only got 2 or 3 in the box against 9 defenders of lamp post proportions, it's not too surprising. He did get some good crosses in, but if there's no-one there to meet them I guess it can make the crosser look bad.

bob monkhouse

Hmmmm........
Jul 6, 2003
Liphook
Not once did he get to the bye line - every cross was from the same position. Walsall must have thought it was defending practice. No imagination, and to thing these guys get 2-3000 pounds a week. You would think they could beat the first man more times than not.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
what I m worried about is that the players are getting booed, yet they are not making amens the follwing week.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
He didn't even attempt to try and run past his man, and from H block his crossing was SHIT.

Must have had about 6-8 crosses from that left wing and I would say 5-7 of them were cack.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Why were we bothering to put so many crosses in when Walsall are strongest in the air? Spur of the moment reaction and the level of personal abuse was uncalled for.

All of Adams teams have played one style, get crosses into the box, full stop. The problem is most teams should and can defend against that, to predictable.

When we've only got 2 or 3 in the box against 9 defenders of lamp post proportions, it's not too surprising. He did get some good crosses in, but if there's no-one there to meet them I guess it can make the crosser look bad.

With respect that is BOLLOCKS. It was tired predictable horseshit coming from Richards and Cox today. No attempts to get to the byeline and turn the defenders. Just edge of the box and swing it in. Utter f***ing rubbish. No invention. To make matters worse, despite the fact that he'd had a couple of half decent crosses but more often SHITE ones Richards gets the ball, no opposition player within 20 yards, 6 Albion in the box and floats it gently over the bar. No wonder the crowd groaned. In fact the crowd didn't really kick off until he reacted.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Okay perhaps he should have kept it bottled up but hey, lets get behind our players when we need to win games. Matt is a brilliant player on his day, its not in his or he fans benefit to start mouthing and booing each other.

Sums up how frustrating the day was for us all.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I'm another who didn't think Richards was playing as badly as some are making out, his crossing wasn't always hopeless. However, I did groan when he cocked up that cross, and I was suprised to see his turn round swearing at the crowd. If it was personal abuse he was getting I could understand it more but it sounded more like dissapointment and frustration, as a professional he should just get on with it. Obviously telling your own fans to f*** off isn't going to make you popular so abuse he got from that point was inevitable. I might have bee imagining it but he seemed to be getting a silent treatment as well for the rest of the game, with no one reacting when he was on the ball.

I wonder what Mickey will make of it.

Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2006
Hailsham
What's all the noise about? He was frustrated and so were we. He actually picked up afetr that so it had a positive reaction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here