Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MATT RICHARDS .... Back on loan with us till the end of the season....

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Excellent news, Im sure we will get some bobble hatters telling us why this is a waste of money and that Rents is just as good.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
things looking a lot more positive now

be interesting to see where richards signing leaves el abd - personally, i would stick him at centre half with elphick as they had a bloody good partnership, and lynch has been generally poor this season when fit

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
things looking a lot more positive now

be interesting to see where richards signing leaves el abd - personally, i would stick him at centre half with elphick as they had a bloody good partnership, and lynch has been generally poor this season when fit

I'm not sure Lynch has been properly fit all season, It's been one injury after another for the lad.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
On the Squad Number question, won't Thomson have number 11?

[putsanendtoallthispositivetalk!]

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Superb, well pleased with this

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Hopefully the rest of the season here will convince him to sign for us permanently in the summer like Whing did.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
On the Squad Number question, won't Thomson have number 11?

[putsanendtoallthispositivetalk!]

Cheeky. I am sure he'd get the 10 shirt now its been vacated by George O. Or they could give him the first unallocated squad number and have my favourite footballing sight an outfield player wearing the 1 shirt.

sammy

Aug 23, 2005
portslade
Do you know its great now to come on here and see happness instead of doom and gloom thanks DK?DW keep the good work up UP THE ALBION

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Bloomin' 'eck - I thought Matt had hair last time I saw him!

Brighton bag Ipswich's Richards

_44362208_richards203gettylab.jpg

Brighton have completed the signing of Ipswich midfielder Matt Richards on a loan deal which will keep him at the club until the end of the season. The 23-year-old spent three months on loan with the Seagulls earlier this season and played 19 games.

"I'm delighted he has chosen to return. He played a big part in our 10-game unbeaten run before Christmas," boss Dean Wilkins told Brighton's website.

Richards is a product of Ipswich's youth academy.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Bloomin' 'eck - I thought Matt had hair last time I saw him!

_44362208_richards203gettylab.jpg

It's better that Richards does have hair, when I've seen him play for Ipswich in the past he's always been bald and a bit rubbish. Since he's grown his hair he's played a lot better. He clearly is a modern day Samson. I expect him to continue growing his hair so he one day looks like Gazza did when he had his hair long, Richards will be awesome then.

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Fantastic news. Our record when he was here was fantastic and the defence has not looked the same since he left. It may have been asked already, but I was wondering if the loan was until the end of the normal season or the end of May (in case we get to the play offs - I know that sounds dangerously optimistic).

A new striker next and possibly a new winger and I think we will be around the play offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here