Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt on the fans phone in

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The price suggestion was great in theory but we are skint and couldn't afford to extend the loans or contract of 3 players this week so what chance do we have if we lower the prices and bring in less money.

That will give DK more excuse to stop investing in the team.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
DK has said that he wouldnt be held to ransom to pay stupid amounts of money. It is the agents duty to try to get better terms for his player and accordingly DK wouldnt negotiate because he said we could not afford to break our pay structure.
Whether that be right or wrong on DK behalf is open for discussion and personal opinion but what cannot be denied is the fact that we could not afford to offer those players an inducement to stay here.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What was Dave described as, NSC expert?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
DK has said that he wouldnt be held to ransom to pay stupid amounts of money. It is the agents duty to try to get better terms for his player and accordingly DK wouldnt negotiate because he said we could not afford to break our pay structure.
Whether that be right or wrong on DK behalf is open for discussion and personal opinion but what cannot be denied is the fact that we could not afford to offer those players an inducement to stay here.

It is also Dick's duty to keep the club on as even a keel as possible, something which would not be possible by throwing money we don't have at an issue which could ultimately cripple the club. You only appear to be appreciating the agents' poont of view.

We DID offer those players an inducement to stay here. They're called contracts.

And it's not necessarily as though one of those three isn't coming back.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Who'll make up the shortfall then?

I dont know but maybe the club's financial and marekting directors could do some analysis/market research into supporter's spending trends at games. Would more people through the turnstile generate more income through merchandise etc. I think it is reasonable to me that the greater numbr of individuals who walk through the turnstile the greater the sales of merchandise. Maybe this increase would over compensate for the shortfall? Maybe not. Also it is not an exact science but things rarely are.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
just a thought if the club were to get promoted back to the championship via the play-offs how much would the tickets be then ???? i'd guess £30
everytime we have gone up there has always been a hefty rise.....but it is never changed when we have gone back down..

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think he said a Fiver for Children with a full paying adult but thats still a bargain £22.50.

I like his prices but I cant see it happening which is a shame.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
just a thought if the club were to get promoted back to the championship via the play-offs how much would the tickets be then ???? i'd guess £30
everytime we have gone up there has always been a hefty rise.....but it is never changed when we have gone back down..

Oh yes it has!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I recall the club upped the ticket prices by a hefty percentage when we went up to the Championship to help fund the increase in players wages. When we went down there was not an immediate return to 'league 1' prices.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here