Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt O Riley [26/08/24 - sings on a 5-year deal]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The most innocuous of contacts can end a career on the football pitch. See Chic Brodey. (y)

Part of the quote you replied to included " 'Tackles' like that have no place in football." Your reply suggests that all tackles have no place in football.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
SeagullinExile is a troll. Just put the sad **** on ignore.
I’m a troll because I disagree with you eh?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Can we have just one thread on NSC where it doesn't descend into tit for tat arguments serving absolutely no purpose?
Unfortunately probably not. I thought it had got a bit better since the football started up again, but there a fair amount of bellendary creeping back in.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Because a punch up is two blokes going toe to toe. It’s not like one of them has attacked the other when tempers boil over and they both go at it. Part of the game in physical sport.
A punch up?

Hmmmmm.....

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
'Tackles' like that have no place in football. On another day, it could have ended his career.
So could Gilmour's on the Forest player last season. Should we have dialled 999 for that too?

It's OK to be fuming about the foul. I was as much as anyone else. It's OK to be angry about the second one that crumpled Ayari (the red card one) too, as that was even more petulant. It's OK to have a bit of a go at the ref for not deeming the first one to be as bad as we do. But it's happened. We can't change it. Even if the referee had got it right and sent him off, it wouldn't have made everything better, would it, nor would it have stopped it in the first place. Nor do we have the right to be more annoyed about it because it was our expensive new signing than if it had been on, say, Samuels or Peupion.

Footballers foul each other sometimes (in Crawley's case, quite a lot). But come on. We're not Nottingham Forest, writing letters to the FA every week or Palace fans starting petitions. Let Mr Nobody go back to being Mr Nobody, and as for us? Onwards.

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
So could Gilmour's on the Forest player last season. Should we have dialled 999 for that too?

It's OK to be fuming about the foul. I was as much as anyone else. It's OK to be angry about the second one that crumpled Ayari (the red card one) too, as that was even more petulant. It's OK to have a bit of a go at the ref for not deeming the first one to be as bad as we do. But it's happened. We can't change it. Even if the referee had got it right and sent him off, it wouldn't have made everything better, would it, nor would it have stopped it in the first place. Nor do we have the right to be more annoyed about it because it was our expensive new signing than if it had been on, say, Samuels or Peupion.

Footballers foul each other sometimes (in Crawley's case, quite a lot). But come on. We're not Nottingham Forest, writing letters to the FA every week or Palace fans starting petitions. Let Mr Nobody go back to being Mr Nobody, and as for us? Onwards.
Thank you. I just joined this thread to look for news on the lad and yours is the first post for an interminable period to actually refer to the topic. It’s just been a boring slug fest by the interminably self centered before. I just realised I probably now qualify as being boring and self centered. Sorry

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I see you’re making friends as usual on here 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

If calling people out for over reacting to a situation ruffles a few feathers, then so be it. It doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here