Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt O Riley [26/08/24 - sings on a 5-year deal]

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Agree that a lot of our responses are over the top, but equally the challenge was not "just one of those things".

That type of challenge is regularly referred to as a "potential leg breaker" . because frankly it was.
mis-timed, deliberate or just putting down a marker, however you want to justify it, doesn't really matter. It was exactly the type of challenge that will incense fans of every club.
It is the kind of challenge we sent Andone packing for

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
Classic NSC. People going against the grain for the sake of it. It was a poor challenge that probably deserved a red and an act of thuggery. Now time to get over it and hope he gets karma.

Even got people comparing Williams (a centre back) and his disciplinary record to 2 of our former central midfielders 🤦🏻‍♂️ My word some people really don’t get the game / have never played the game properly. No point in even arguing with them.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Classic NSC. People going against the grain for the sake of it. It was a poor challenge that probably deserved a red and an act of thuggery. Now time to get over it and hope he gets karma.

Even got people comparing Williams (a centre back) and his disciplinary record to 2 of our former central midfielders 🤦🏻‍♂️ My word some people really don’t get the game / have never played the game properly. No point in even arguing with them.
he's a midfielder!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Anyone saying that useles thug didn’t mean to take him out has never played football at any sort of reasonable level. He may as well have walked around the Amex with a sign up saying “I’m going to show these talented lads by clattering them as I’m immensely jealous of them because they’re much better football players, infinitely richer and better looking than me. They probably have much bigger dicks too. I’ll take one of them out early on, that’ll teach ‘em.”

That beyond shit Crawley ‘player’ has nothing else to his game. He’s a talentless **** who has to take out his lack of ability and self worth on other far superior players. ****.

Anyone can think of similar ankle surgeries and their timeframes? Does it tend to be a 3 6 or 12 month thing?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
He’s Palace. He’s definitely not a BHA ‘supporter.’ He’s a plague of negativity and confrontation on NSC. Save your breath.

So I’m Palace am I?

You absolute clown.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyone can think of similar ankle surgeries and their timeframes? Does it tend to be a 3 6 or 12 month thing?
What are 'similar ankle surgeries'?

We have no information on the nature of the injury, do we?

Could be anything from a tiny hairline fracture, through to a completely detached / ruptured set of ankle ligaments :shrug:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
As with all things there needs to be some context, which in this case would be 1) Type of game (league or cup) 2) quality of the team 3) when the offence occurred. In this case it’s a cup game where a lower league team uses physicality to make up for lack of ability and it was first 10 mins where you would expect ’hard’ challenges to go in. So far it would appear to be one of those things.
however adding a bit more context of 4) players history, 5) type of challenge 6) players reaction then it changes things massively.
Williams has history of being a bellend, he wasn’t beaten by pace or skill so knew he wasn’t going to be anywhere near the ball and that it was a potential leg beaker. This wasn’t down to a mistimed tackle or down to lack of experience, it was thuggery. The final point is the ‘wink‘ when it was clear to all that it was a bad injury. There is no defence for that type of behaviour.

So in summary, the man’s a **** and deserves nothing but condemnation.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ref awarded a free-kick, and had a very brief word with Williams. So, will rpobably be classed as the ref saw it, deemed it to be a foul - but not a cardable one. In which case, there won't be any retrospecitve action.
So how do you explain the Hemed 'after the fact' 3 match ban? The ref saw it, gave a foul but not a card, and later there was retrospective action.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He’s Palace. He’s definitely not a BHA ‘supporter.’ He’s a plague of negativity and confrontation on NSC. Save your breath.

So I’m Palace am I?

You absolute clown.
Perhaps he has confused Palace with Palestine.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No-one on here knows what the exact injury is, let alone exactly what surgery is needed or how long before he’s back. Fab has already said they don’t know how long it’ll be. As usual with our injured players, expect to hear very, very little until he’s seen back at Lancing in the gym with a smiley photo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here