Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Derbyshire???

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
They noticed how rubbish he actually is, maybe?

Not for me, I prefer Ashley Barnes, a player whose goals got us to this level.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Seriously!? Barnes (much as I think he will continue to develop as a great player) you think is a better player than Matt Derbyshire!? No way...

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
They noticed how rubbish he actually is, maybe?

Not for me, I prefer Ashley Barnes, a player whose goals got us to this level.

If we can assume Berkamp is "one for the future " this gives us Barnes,CMS and Hoskins ,so one more,call me old fashion ,but an Owousa (spelling ) type would be just the blunt weapon that could unlock some of the "fancy " defences that we will face.Sandaza was last years model, but he did nt know a Glasgow kiss from a butterfly kiss....!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Seriously!? Barnes (much as I think he will continue to develop as a great player) you think is a better player than Matt Derbyshire!? No way...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Derbyshire has never actually DONE anything, has he? Last season Barnes scored 20 goals, admittedly in a good team, and that takes a lot more effort and ability over the course of a season than to play a small role in the Premier League and occaisonally pop up with the odd goal and then go to Greece and do no better, in a team with better standard players than Barnes has played with (and against). I would much rather have the striker with a history of goalscoring than have one who might be better, but no-one really knows. He's deffinitely not worth signing on the wages he would presumably demand.

I agree with [MENTION=11745]ewe2[/MENTION] though, we do need a different type of striker. But Derbyshire isn't it. And it was Owusu!

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I heard Bayern Munich are interested.

They want to pair up Jennings and Derbyshire up front (one for the teenagers there).

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Wage demands would be WAAAY too high IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here