Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mats Hummels

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
What happens when he does the rounds and no one wants him, sacks his agents ?
Will have no wages at all at this rate.
Tony will see this all going on and forget about him and rightly so.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
What happens when he does the rounds and no one wants him, sacks his agents ?
Will have no wages at all at this rate.
Tony will see this all going on and forget about him and rightly so.
He turned down Real Sociedad himself as far as I know. No idea what happened at Roma.

He could quite easily go where there's money, like MLS and some Arab league, of course they'd take him. But I think he's looking for something fun and exciting if he's going to keep going.

At this point it looks unlikely for us, not sure how interested we are any more. Some big transfer windows doesn't end until mid-September though, so there's still a chance Igor could leave (probably a requirement if Hummels is going to come).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He turned down Real Sociedad himself as far as I know. No idea what happened at Roma.

He could quite easily go where there's money, like MLS and some Arab league, of course they'd take him. But I think he's looking for something fun and exciting if he's going to keep going.

At this point it looks unlikely for us, not sure how interested we are any more. Some big transfer windows doesn't end until mid-September though, so there's still a chance Igor could leave (probably a requirement if Hummels is going to come).
If he comes to the PL, my guess would be West Ham. It seems they are definitely in the market for a free agent centre back, and he’s a more exciting option than the ones I’ve seen them linked with (Jon Egan and Joel Matip)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
So around €45k a week/£38k a week until the end of the season. I guess it wasn't to do with wages...

The wages are quoted in Euros so it would work out to around £32,000 a week as a base wage. I imagine he’s getting a hefty signing on bonus too.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
The wages are quoted in Euros so it would work out to around £32,000 a week as a base wage. I imagine he’s getting a hefty signing on bonus too.
I worked it out in euro first by the amount of weeks left in the year (43 at the time of writing) which I rounded down to 45,000, In euro as his base wage is €45000 until June 30th and converted that to GBP. :) As of then that was around £38-39k.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
The Athletic confirming the story Romano tapped in.

If it’s not about the money then perhaps the option of coming to Brighton was all about bench warming as JPvH and Dunky are our 1st choices.

He’ll surely be a starter at Roma?
Could be that.. and of course Roma is Roma. As they showed us not long ago, its a big club that is a better choice if he wants the chance of a title in the next year or two.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
seriously - im not bothered about signing him - would he actually start any games ?unless we get injuries and even then he seriously slow especially with a high line,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here