Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mats Hummels

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This was my BVB fans response when I said we were linked..
I always say that the best way to gauge whether a player is a decent signing is to see what the previous club's fans think. Most tend to give honest responses.

Is there any concrete evidence we are in for this bloke anyway ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Last edited:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I remember there being a discussion on the Guardian FW Podcast when they were previewing the EUROs, talking about the omission of Hummels from the German squad (and the reasons why). I obviously had no idea at the time that we would be linked with him, but there is certainly SOMETHING in his character that could be problematic. This is from a GOAL article about him:-

View attachment 186740

View attachment 186741
I’d quite like to see him sign for Marseille, give RDZ a taste of his own medicine :wink:

Apologies for the lack of a paint based pun.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I always say that the best way to gauge whether a player is a decent signing is to see what the previous club's fans think. Most tend to give honest responses.

Is there any concrete evidence we are in for this bloke anyway ?
I wonder what Napoli think of Gilmour then? A 50m midfield maestro or a 15m goalless lightweight?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’d quite like to see him sign for Marseille, give RDZ a taste of his own medicine :wink:

Apologies for the lack of a paint based pun.
I'm pleased you raised this and didnt just gloss over the fact.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
He's not quick, but great on the ball and in the air, exactly what it says on the tin.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

hughfromalice

Sep 8, 2022
Topic focus - I wish people would stop spraying these paint jokes around. Can it and put a lid on it guys! Hope I'm not stirring by saying this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
As I pointed out earlier in the thread.

Would be an intriguing signing but definitely a risk with a 31 year old coach.
Not necessarily. We have a very young, inexperienced squad on the whole. If Hummels is brought in I would imagine his role would be as a mentor to a lot of the players. Perhaps a similar role that Lallana had with De Zerbi. Definitely worth a punt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here