Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mats Hummels

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Problem is that surely any other club in the EPL would take him apart from maybe city or arse. Would take a minor miracle for him to come to lil old Brighton.
If he was five years younger you’d have a point.

With him 35.5yo, and us as a respected top tier club, this would be a well-balanced move.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
As a club we have been here a few times before, Wayne Bridge great signing, Vicente unbelievable signing, Kishishev did a great job for a season, Fati no one expected that, Hummels fits right in, yes please.
Without wishing to derail the thread, is Wayne Bridge our best-ever loan signing? By the end of that season he was probably the best left back in the club's history.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Van Hecke's place? - or Dunk's?
Don't think that's the right question!

Is X player as good as or better than what we already have in squad?

If yes sign, then work out who plays where and when later.

Love Dunky, and have loved seeing the rise of JPVH whose a great young fella and quality player, but nobody is bigger than club.

If you ever get the chance to add such calibre of player, its a first world problem worth having

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I really hope I’m wrong but I’m plonking this here just in case. If we did signing, it’s one of those I have a bad feeling about injury wise.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'm just not finding much evidence of this. To simply say no to a world class player, still at a decent level of his game, because he might be a dick, seems ridiculous.
I know nothing about the character of this player, so i'll offer no comment on him. But on the principle you advocate, let's just be careful.

The success we've had has in the large part been down to having a relatively well functioning squad. We look around us all the time at other more expensively assembled and poorly functioning squads and we beat them more than they beat us.

Looking at the character of any potential signings has served our club well and we shouldn't divert from that for any big name signing

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I know nothing about the character of this player, so i'll offer no comment on him. But on the principle you advocate, let's just be careful.

The success we've had has in the large part been down to having a relatively well functioning squad. We look around us all the time at other more expensively assembled and poorly functioning squads and we beat them more than they beat us.

Looking at the character of any potential signings has served our club well and we shouldn't divert from that for any big name signing

i agree but then you remember our back up CB is Adam Webster

Get him in

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
I really hope I’m wrong but I’m plonking this here just in case. If we did signing, it’s one of those I have a bad feeling about injury wise.
Really? He played 40 games last season, according to his Wikipedia entry (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mats_Hummels). It would be typical of our luck if we signed him and then he became a sicknote, but he's hardly Adam Lallana.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here