Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Match Ratings - Watford ***

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Stockdale 6.5 I don't know, there's a good keeper in there for sure but he does do a few daft things when not under too much pressure. He nearly gifted them a goal early on with a ridiculous first time attempted chip but saved late on from Vydra to keep us in it
Bruno 7 might be generous, don't remember an awful lot of what he did
Greer 8.5 dominating, having his best season for us?
Dunk 8 seem to remember a few casual passes, but that would be picky. Him and GG totally solid
Bennett 7 not as influential as v Cardiff but more of the same
Ince 7 Did his job well, odd that he was subbed
Croft 6 not sure that he really works in SH system, other than being very reliable cover for Bruno
Gardner 5 what's his job? Isn't he supposed to be the engine room? Hardly noticed him apart from one ridiculous long range efort
Corlunga 4 Gash
Tex 5 Reminds me of the big headed 11 year old. Someone needs to tell him if he doesn't pass the ball the Sir won't pick him
COG 7 His hold up play is first class but where were the runners? He can pick out a good pass and can operate without the need for acres of space. Bloody convinced he just needs more confidence. Hope he continues to feature with Baldock back, that might work?

Subs:
Lua Lua 7 +1 for taking his men on -1 for shooting on sight
Holla 6
McCourt 7.5 Score only based on his few minutes but showed Tex how it should be done. Calm and composed and has a fullbag of tricks

Hypia 6.5 I like the style, I can only wonder at some of the team selection/subs

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
You seem on a mission to embarrass yourself right now.

You'll give Stockdale 'the benefit of the doubt over the goal'? Give me strength FFS.

Yes, he lined the wall up correctly, and no the wall didn't move, and no they didn't move the ball, and no you didn't 'see the hole in the wall' before he took it - there was no hole until Ince turned his back, as Toszer struck it.

View attachment 59162

View attachment 59163

View attachment 59164

You beat me too it. Just read BG's comments on Stockdale. Well FFS.........he really does see things nobody else does!!!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Oh well. Point stands - there's still no hole, even in the upside down wall!

Lol - that depends on whether u take gravity into account? When the ball gets struck the wall will naturally fall down towards the crossbar leaving a huge hole!!!

Perhaps BG was right after all...........looooool

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Stockdale. 6.5
Bruno. 7.5 Really good today
Greer 8 Sublime
Dunk. 8 As above
Bennett. 7.5 Best game defensively
Ince. 7. Mistake with free kick, but otherwise good
Gardner Worst player today IMHO. 5
Crofts. 5.5 Worked hard hope he's OK
Tex. 5.5. Got skill, too weak/holds on to it too long
Colunga. 5.5. Needs to get hold of the ball more
O'Grady. 6.5. Was tempted to give higher, he played well and actually held the ball up

Subs:

Lualua. 7.5. Scared them to death
Holla. 7. Good as usual
Paddy. 7.5. Love him

Overall, we played well. Some are confused over all the changes to the starting 11. However i feel all these changes Sami thinks are necessary because of the high intensity game he wants to play and therefore, has to rotate to ensure everyone is not tired or injured. That said, we still played well with a changed 11 from one that Dominated Cardiff.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Good point against a good team away from home just need to start winning at home and stop changing the team week in week out

6-Stockdale will be a good keeper just needs to stop trying to be to clever they did show a chip he did that went wrong but they did not show on the high lights an earlier one where he chipped the ball over the head of on rushing forward which he got away with but why do it when he had a defender out wide and in opposite direction to which he could have played a simple safe ball to, having said that pulled off great save second half
8- Greer fantastic captains performance
8- Dunk getting better and better
7.5- Bruno great game getting back to his best
6-Bennett couple of times he had the ball with tons of space to run into but would not take the opportunity frustrating
6- Ince I am a big fan of the lad all heart but at times looks like Bambi on steroids makes some great saving tackles but tackles that should have not been required if the midfield was working as it should
6- Gardener did not work with Ince got in each other's way
6.5- Crofts the best of a poor midfield today hope his injury is not as bad as it looked his knee again
5- Tex gets the ball beats the player now cross cross Cross Crossssssssssssss no he turns takes on another player and looses the ball time and time again there is a great little player in Tex it's just at the moment he is like the kid in the play ground who never passes
6- Colunga like him quick good vision and range of passes being played out of position so we do not get to see the best of him
7-COG good game not the most mobile player but holds the ball up wins headers plays simple balls should bring others into the game but our midfield offered little support I would like to see COG and Baldock or CMS running onto his knockdowns but not sure we ever will
7- Paddy he is a game changer I look forward to seeing start at some point
7- Kas he is also a game changer I look forward to seeing him start with Paddy
7- Hoola best midfielder in the team so why not start him!

we looked a different team after the three subs came on

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Stockdale 7 -- one great save, but one entirely unnecessary kicked gift to the opposition
Bruno 6 -- as good as he was, he gave the ball away and then fouled Vydra, which led to their goal
Dunk 9 -- class, with a goal
Greer 8 -- seems to be getting better
Bennett 6 -- not his best game
Ince 5 -- not his best game either, and at fault for their goal
Crofts 6 -- fingers crossed for him
Gardner 6 -- ho hum
Teixiera 5 -- too much showboating, too much overelaboration
Colunga 5 -- fairly anonymous, needs to recognise the physicality of the Championship
O'Grady 6 -- ran the channels well, and holds the ball up, should have done better with that opportunity -- needs to be on target at the very least

KLL 8 -- he's probably our most improved player this season, as he seems to understand the game so much better; shame we didn't have a goalscorer on the pitch to take advantage of those crosses he provided
Holla 7 -- really should have started
McCourt 7.5 -- nearly made our day

Thought we were better than Watford, but we decided to make another mistake.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Ratings

Highest Rated:
Dunk 7.83 (96mins, 12 votes)

The Rest:
Greer 7.79 (96mins, 12 votes)
>LuaLua 7.32 (41mins, 11 votes)
>McCourt 6.95 (23mins, 11 votes)
Bruno 6.83 (96mins, 12 votes)