Bridcutt 7.5
Buckley 7.5
Barnes 8
Cms 7.5

Last edited:

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Really interesting to see how a couple of PL loanees can make such a difference. I hope we don't go up this year as we're bound to lose some cogs of the team when we get relegated, but a few more players in at this level will consolidate us nicely, plus being solid contenders will make bigger players more likely to board the bus, thinking quite rightly that it won't be a one-way ticket out of the top flight.

I reckon.

Sent from my little computer/phone thing using Tapatalk

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Great game today, although at ht I thought we'd be lucky to hang on to our lead. To put things into perspective there were a few very hairy moments in our defense. Much improved in the 2nd half, but 3-0 probably flattered us.

Brez 7. Did what he had to do pretty well.
Reyes 7. Looked a lot more solid than Calderon defensively. Good without being brilliant.
Greer 8. Very good game.
ElAbd 8. Ditto.
Mattock 7. Similar to Reyes. Good without being brilliant, but so good to have a left footer in that position again.
Buckley 7. Back on form again.
Bridcutt 8. A couple of stray passes that could have been dangerous, but overall an excellent game.
Navarro 8. Very good game. He seems to be improving as the season progresses. MOM
Razaq 8. Very impressed. The making of an exceptional player.
Barnes 8. He gets 7 for his overall play (frustrating at times), but an extra point for the two well taken goals.
CMS 8. Best he's played for a long time and a great goal.

Subs:
Vokes 7. Didn't see a lot of the ball, but I like him.
Assulin 8. Wow! Would like to se more.
Lua Lua. Not on long enough.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He was on for ten minutes and floated out of position for half that time. I think he wasn't on long enough to judge.

I don't want to give individual ratings but I think groups would be;

9; Greer, Bridcutt, Navarro, Razak
8.5; AEA, Mattock, Reyes, Buckley
8; CMS
7.5; Brezovan
5; Barnes. WHY IS HE STILL PLAYING!!

What a brilliant performance!

How on earth can you give a player who scored two goals and killed off Ipswich just a 5! You're probably fishing but using awful bait.

Every player gets an 8 for me today.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Don't know why everyone is raving about Razak so much, does nobody remember the shot he had early on in the first half? He's rubbish!:wink:

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Peter Brezovan - 7

Gonzalo Jara Reyes - 8.5
Adam El-Abd - 9
Gordon Greer - 9
Joe Mattock - 7

William Buckley - 8
Liam Bridcutt - 8
Abdul Razak - 9
Alan Navarro - 8
Ashley Barnes - 8

Craig Mackail-Smith - 8

Subs:
Gai Assulin - 7.5
Sam Vokes - 7
Kazenga LuaLua - N/A

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Brezovan 7.5 - couple of good saves, couple of spills, alertness to come out early, though needed Greer on the line to finish the clearance.
Mattock 7.5 - some iffy clearances, but generally good
El Abd 8.5 - lots of great blocks that didn't get recognition
Greer 8.5 - goal line clearance was simple, but only because he read the situation so well, otherwise a general (as in the army rank) performance
Jara Reyes 7.5 - some loose balls, but also a much better defensive performance (than millwall). Set up barnes's second
Buckley 7.5 - strong first half, great ball for cms, seemed to be less effective second half
Bridcutt 8.5 - very good performance, got a few headers in, set up barnes's first
Navarro 9 - challenging for man of the match, imo, he was constantly there to clean up,intercepting, tackling, blocking, spreading the ball, brilliant performance
Razak 9 - generally a class above, and brought up performances of everyone else in the team. Some nice touches and turns, a great addition to the team
Barnes 8 - Not his best performance, though two well taken goals are very welcome, but not his worst performance either. Yes, he made some mistakes, but none that no one else in the team made (though they didn't get the same criticism as him, of course)
CMS 8 - Seemed to have a bit more energy an confidence today, and great run for the goal, almost got a second.

Assulin 7.5 - got stuck in soon after coming on, had some good touches, but not really enough time to contribute more.
Vokes 7 - some good moments, seemed to hang around offside a lot. Not a lot of time to contribute more.
Lualua - not on long enough to really assess.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Peter Brezovan - 6 Didn't do much but made one good save. Should have caught one or two instead of parrying.

Gonzalo Jara Reyes - 7 Played well. Especialy in the last 10 mins of the game.
Adam El-Abd - 8 Good game. Some good blocks, great commitment.
Gordon Greer - 8 Good performance.
Joe Mattock - 7 Yarp.

William Buckley - 8 He runs down the wing for me. Good game, good game.
Liam Bridcutt - 8 Class as always.
Abdul Razak - 9 Just WOW. Some of the things this guy did...
Alan Navarro - 8 Bossed the game for me.
Ashley Barnes - 8

Craig Mackail-Smith - 8 Happy birthday, glad he got a goal.

Subs:
Gai Assulin - 8 Not on for long, but shows some real class.
Sam Vokes - 6
Kazenga LuaLua - 6

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Brezovan 6

Mattock 6
El-Abd 8
Greer 9
Reyes 6

Buckley 6
Bridcutt 7
Razak 9
Navarro 7
Barnes 8

CMS 7

Subs:

Assulin 7
Vokes 6
Lua Lua (not on long enough)

give Navarro an 8 and your spot bollock on.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Navarro had a good game primarily because the midfiled was bossed by Razzak.
Navarro had a great game because of his own contribution which I thought was his best of the season. Yes, it's a team game, however he won tackle after tackle, held the ball up well and his distribution was quality.
In my opinion Navarro is fast catching up Bridcutt and the two have forged a fantastic partnership. Of course it helps having a player of Razzak's ability and the rest will improve having him in the squad.
With the exception of Cardiff away that was the best performance of the season.

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Brez-8-Caught the ball well and some decent saves.
Jara-8- Got caught out a few times in first half, set up barnes second.
Greer-10- Solid,Quality,Brilliant pass to buckley to set up CMS goal
El-Abd-9-Solid.
Mattock-7-Defended well,Gave the ball away almost lead to goal, didnt get foward much.
Navarro-9-Didn't put a foot wrong, Best performance in a long time.
Bridcutt-7-Not his best, gave the ball away few times.
Razak-10- Wow, I now see why he is gonna be the next Yaya Toure, Quality first touch, Different Class.
Buckley-6-Nice cross for goal, quiet game other than that.
Barnes-8-Seems more of CM or WM, good on ball, seemed to panic in-front of goal in first half, Poyets word of wisdom seems to push him into two quality finishes.
CMS-9-Goal gave him confidence, best i've seen of him in a while.

Subs:
Assulin-7-nice touches, good on ball, would like to see him get a start.
Vokes-6-Missed a couple of chances.
KLL-Didnt get long enough to make impact.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The scoreline was flattering and we had too many jittery moments in defense in the 1st half, but still a great win and a great game to watch:

Brez 7.
Reyes 7
Greer 8
ElAbd 8
Mattock 7
Buckley 7. Good to see him back on form after two poor games.
Bridcutt 8
Navarro 8
Barnes 8
Razaq 8
CMS 8. He too appears to have his mojo back.

Subs:
Vokes 7
Assulin 8
Lua Lua - not on long enough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here