Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match Pack 5 on sale - Includes ticket for palace game in march

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There is nothing wrong with them, I agree, but surely if you're going to create a marketing ploy you would expect to be able to come up with something better than selling 4x £28 tickets for £112.

So which is better

1. The club selling £112 worth of tickets before people have started christmas shopping getting up front money into the coffers which just maybe a proportion of might be available for the next transfer window.

or

2. The club selling one ticket for the Palace game in February when they are released, around about the same time people are thinking about their post christmas credit card bills.

Barnsley and Sheffield Wednesday this season were just appalling and really did not justify 25,000 people turning up to watch them. The .

I really enjoyed the SW game especially the two pieces of sublime skill from Bruno to set up the second and third goals

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sheff Weds was comfortably one of the most enjoyable games at the Amex so far.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Or

3. Sell batches of tickets for a reduced price of £95 for four matches. Designate Palace, Leeds, Wolves and Blackburn as Category A matches and allow people to choose only one of them in any deal, but give them the chance to pick ANY three others.

Look what happened to the last business that offered pick and mix

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How many Palace fans will be prepared to spend 112 pounds to garantee a seat in the home stands on St Patricks day? :lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
So which is better

1. The club selling £112 worth of tickets before people have started christmas shopping getting up front money into the coffers which just maybe a proportion of might be available for the next transfer window.

or

2. The club selling one ticket for the Palace game in February when they are released, around about the same time people are thinking about their post christmas credit card bills.

That's all very well if we're just looking at BHA as purely being a 'business entity' now (and sadly it looks as though we are) but a bit of a discount incentive on buying group batches of tickets, in the way that season ticket holders enjoy a discount incentive, is hardly asking too much is it? I might have been tempted by this if there was a few quid knocked off, but as it is I'll take my chances with getting a ticket for the Palace game when they are released.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If you supported Man City, would a 5-0 win over Stoke be better to watch than a tough and competitive draw with Chelsea?

Both would have their obvious merits, and both would be enjoyable in their own ways. You wouldn't want every match to be a tough and competitive draw though.

The Sheffield Wed game was enjoyable because the one sided contest was a result of OUR skill rather than their defficiencies - imo.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think Match Pack 5 is excellent value for money , 4 games , 12 points.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If you supported Man City, would a 5-0 win over Stoke be better to watch than a tough and competitive draw with Chelsea?

Regardless of Sheff Weds, we were SUBLIME to watch that day. And we're hardly a Man City of this league yet, these wins are not assumed, so I don't think your analogy works there. It would if we were top by 10 points.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
I think one of the benefits of the match packs are you can pick up loyalty points immediately, which they seem to stress in the article. 4 home games give you what, 40 points?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here