Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MATCH DAY: Wendy vs Albion

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The other team (according to a Wednesday supporter):

Goalkeepers:

David Lucas ---very solid goalkeeper. Good agility and shotstopping. Distribution from ground kicks and his catching of crosses also could improve. Injured for parts of last season so will need to sign a good backup. Should be a good performer in an important position for us.

Defenders:

Lee Bullen---great captain. No bullshit experienced defender who leads by example. Acustomed to making the odd mistake mind and lacking in pace, but very dangerous at set pieces (7 or 8 goals for us this season)

Paul Heckingbottom---decent fullback. Played consistantly well this season but unsure if he can cut it at a higher level.

Graeme Lee---the rock in our defense. Great defender but very injury prone.

Richard Wood---good defensive prospect. Left footed centre back that seems to improve game by game. Not sure if he's ready for the Championship but he's certainly one for the future.

Patrick Collins---okay backup player. Good at going forward but a bit lapsidasical at the back.

John Hills---not seen him yet but has experience at this level. Uncompromising full back that Sturrock rates highly.

Midfielders:

Jon Paul McGovern---great young Scottish winger. Pacey and likes to take on defenders but needs to improve his crossing if he is to get more assists. Key player in our counter attacks.

Glenn Whelan---good young fiery Irish midfielder. Decent shot and good range of passing-dubbed the "next John Sheridan" by our previous manager (don't make me laugh!). Needs to stay cool and get more involved if he is to play a major role for us this season.

Steve Adams---defensive midfielder. One of Sturrock's Plymouth favourites. Not really played for us so the jury is still out.

Craig Rocastle---donkey in 4/5 games, man of the match in the other. Can only be judged as a prospect but seems to be improving. Played very well under pressure in the play-off finals.

Richard Evans---left winger that has suspisciously been missing for 1 and a half seasons. Wouldn't surprise me if he's a crackhead or an alcho. One thing for sure, he is picking up a decent wage for doing f*** all so I would like to see him off the back of matchday programes just so not to piss me off further.

Chris Brunt---exciting N. Ireland winger. Great left footed shooting and crossing ability. Important at freekicks and corners. Seems to be a bit of a passenger in the last 20 minutes of games so needs to improve his stamina and work ethic though.

MAJOR STRENGTHENING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED IN THIS AREA!

Forwards:

Steve Maclean---scored plenty of goals this season even though injured for a large part of it. Very good young striker who I would expect to score enough goals to keep us up.

Lee Peacock---nah he's just not good enough for me. Played very poorly in league one for us so I don't think he can cut it but he may prove me wrong.

Adam Proudlock---talented yet pidgeon chested selfloving forward. I think that he will play an important role if he stays fit.

Drew Talbot---wonderkid, watch him fly under PS.

Bradley Corr---free transfered from Leeds but unable to register for last seasons ending games. Never seen him would like to hear leeds fans opinions on him, but hope that he will do okay for us.

Overall:

Decent squad IMO, that is good enough to survive with a good experienced manager like Sturrock in charge providing that he is able to significantly strengthen the squad with both good quality and much needed experienced players.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bloody weather looks like it is going to spoil the game ?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Is Joslin attatched to us or something? That's the 3rd game out of 4 he's been involved with

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
McShane 1-0 is 200/1 on bhabet:eek:

Not any more, that bet's now 65/1 .

Luckily I got in at 210/1 last wednesday :lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Hello? is anybody out there? ???

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Juan Albion said:
What time is it in the UK now?

Did you lot change your clocks last weekend?

No, it's this Saturday.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Crap game isn't it?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There are only 4 in the chat room.I think I'll go to bed soon.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
44 minutes gone.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
It's hard to get any feel from the live text on BBC-- is it the exercise in aimless noodling around it reads like?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Worse game I've seen for ages. :nono:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If we keep improving at this rate, we'll soon be crap.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
germany calling

sorry if this is already posted , am following on internet in germany, is there a live radio broadcast tonight, any ideas how i get it on internet .......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here