Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Stats people: how many games have we won with Nicolas in midfield? :smokin:

caz

Aug 10, 2005
perseus said:
Stats people: how many games have we won with Nicolas in midfield? :smokin:

That comment is very unfair to Nicolas. played 2 games, only lost one. He's not a one man team, how can you blame him for the so called strikers we have, that don't score.
begining of last season when Nicolas was starting every game, we won most games then people like you liked him. Knight, Carpenter and Oatway, could not have won us the game.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
caz said:
That comment is very unfair to Nicolas. played 2 games, only lost one. He's not a one man team, how can you blame him for the so called strikers we have, that don't score.
begining of last season when Nicolas was starting every game, we won most games then people like you liked him. Knight, Carpenter and Oatway, could not have won us the game.

I have never been impressed with Nicolas.

caz

Aug 10, 2005
Not impressed with most of the players, but I don't pick and blame just one of them, when we loose.

Nicholas has more talent than, Hammond and Oatway.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Must have been bad...

...because whatever McGhee had to say wasn't fit to print.

Here's the BBC website match report in its entirety:

Stoke boss Johan Boskamp:
"It gives you a good feeling to take three points at home. In the first half we had more problems with the wind than with Brighton.

"We lost the ball too easily and in the first 45 minutes Brighton played better football than we did.

"In the second half we took the game in our hands and we've scored three goals."

# Brighton boss Mark McGhee:

That's it.

Whatever MM said must have been choice!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
Mike Ward - jesus wept - shut the f*** up

Oh! She swore! :ohmy:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Just got back. Can't really believe what I've just witnessed. No Leon - only 1 effort on goal that I can recall (and that was more of a cross) !

Over 300 miles round trip with no meaningfull attempts on goal is piss poor. Yet again we were outmuscled all over the pitch.

CKR and Robinson were very poor today and neither McPhee or Turienzo did much when they were on.

I know we never get much at Stoke - but for f**k's sake only 2 wins in 18 is relegation form without a doubt.

In the January transfer window it's vital we try everything we can to get a decent striker. None of the current five strikers look anywhere near good enough at this level (even though Leon occasionally impresses) and I can't see any of them getting more than 5 or 6 goals in the season which won't be enough.

Today it struck me for the first time that if we carry on like this the dreaded drop looks ever more likely (especially as we're nearly half way throght the season). I've always been a bit more optimistic before today.

Sorry to sound pissed off but over 8 hours in the car to see no meaningfull attempts on goal from us is hard to take.

Give me some hope somebody, please.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Millwall are worse than we are.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
southstandandy said:
Just got back. Can't really believe what I've just witnessed. No Leon - only 1 effort on goal that I can recall (and that was more of a cross) !

Over 300 miles round trip with no meaningfull attempts on goal is piss poor. Yet again we were outmuscled all over the pitch.

CKR and Robinson were very poor today and neither McPhee or Turienzo did much when they were on.

I know we never get much at Stoke - but for f**k's sake only 2 wins in 18 is relegation form without a doubt.

In the January transfer window it's vital we try everything we can to get a decent striker. None of the current five strikers look anywhere near good enough at this level (even though Leon occasionally impresses) and I can't see any of them getting more than 5 or 6 goals in the season which won't be enough.

Today it struck me for the first time that if we carry on like this the dreaded drop looks ever more likely (especially as we're nearly half way throght the season). I've always been a bit more optimistic before today.

Sorry to sound pissed off but over 8 hours in the car to see no meaningfull attempts on goal from us is hard to take.

Give me some hope somebody, please.

One shot? what game where you watching, Fruitos had a great volley saved by Simonsen.

Last edited:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
caz said:
Not impressed with most of the players, but I don't pick and blame just one of them, when we loose.

Nicholas has more talent than, Hammond and Oatway.

:D:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here