Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Massively inflated prices

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You can get 3 multipacks (21 packs) of hula hoops from Asda for £3. The big bars of chocolate for a quid are only that price because they are getting close to the sell by date (within 6 months).

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
my advice is, dont eat the junk...have really good meal esp breakfast..(eat breakfast like a king and dine like a pauper) then you wont feel need to waste money on what is ..pure junk food..oh..and think o the money your be saving over a year !!!

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Erm, just to put an upside to this tale: the Kwikstop or whatever it's called next to platforms 14-19 at Victoria always has at least 2 beers on offer - 2 tinnies for £2.75 - which always makes for an extremely satisfying train journey to Sussex. Well done them! :clap2:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Whenever I go to WH Smith they always seem to offer me a half-price Terry's Chocolate Orange from a huge pile at the till. That or one of them big Quality Street purple things.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You can get 3 multipacks (21 packs) of hula hoops from Asda for £3. The big bars of chocolate for a quid are only that price because they are getting close to the sell by date (within 6 months).

......there's a name for people who buy multipacks of crisps in Asda.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Whenever I go to WH Smith they always seem to offer me a half-price Terry's Chocolate Orange from a huge pile at the till. That or one of them big Quality Street purple things.

The reason that they are half price is because the packaging as well as the chocolate orange is smaller than those made last year. :thumbsup:

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
The rent at Brighton station must cost a fair bit. Plus, people will pay that money for the products so they can afford to sell them at that price.

MrMan

Apr 24, 2009
They only sell the LARGE Luzozade too - £1.30 or something crazy.

Just as well that mags/papers have fixed prices...

Is that the fixed price of 5p you put in the coin deposit thing instead of paying full whack at the till!?:lolol:

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
Is that the fixed price of 5p you put in the coin deposit thing instead of paying full whack at the till!?:lolol:

dont even have pay that, just read in shop...if you got time that is...mind you i reckon smiths will be next or one of next big stores to shut up shop, and tj hughes... i mean u seen the junk they sell in there ?? the mens clothes alone are something to be desired... yuk !!

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
It's all about competition...

Can of coke in the only newsagent in Ringmer......93 f***ing pence!!!

Can of coke in the left-hand one of the TWO newsagents NEXT to each other off the Chailey road on the outskirts of Lewes....49p!

Simples

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here