Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Massive Fireworks Display with Chipmunk and Blue and Heart FM at Preston Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Very odd. Late in being announced and then cancelled almost in the next breathe. Sounds like somebody never thought this through. Though, fair play, there's posters up all around here and advance notice of timetable of events posted through our doors locally.

A quick Google on the organisers, Normandy Marsworth Ltd shows that they also have similar events planned ('Spooktacular Fireworks Display with KEY 103 – 29th October 2011 Old Trafford Cricket Ground, Manchester' and 'Spooktacular Fireworks Display with TFM Radio – 28th October 2011, South Park, Darlington, Live Performances from TINCHY STRYDER and BLUE') though those ones don't seem to be cancelled yet.

Company check shows that Normandy Marsworth Ltd were registered as a company on 8th August 2011.

Free company financial check on NORMANDY MARSWORTH LTD and free company accounts

Last edited:

bpbill

Jul 13, 2011
This is Sussex and being Sussex we have a season of bonfires and fireworks all available for free and of varying sizes and degrees of organisation.

Personally the only reason I would pay for a firework presentation around here is to support some sort of community, like my childrens school, otherwise we pick a free one :)

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
This is Sussex and being Sussex we have a season of bonfires and fireworks all available for free and of varying sizes and degrees of organisation.

Personally the only reason I would pay for a firework presentation around here is to support some sort of community, like my childrens school, otherwise we pick a free one :)

Cant beat a traditional garden display- complete with bonfire/ jacket potatoes/ sparklers and some cheap fireworks

Tulip

May 3, 2008
Brighton
Very odd. Late in being announced and then cancelled almost in the next breathe. Sounds like somebody never thought this through. Though, fair play, there's posters up all around here and advance notice of timetable of events posted through our doors locally.

A quick Google on the organisers, Normandy Marsworth Ltd shows that they also have similar events planned ('Spooktacular Fireworks Display with KEY 103 – 29th October 2011 Old Trafford Cricket Ground, Manchester' and 'Spooktacular Fireworks Display with TFM Radio – 28th October 2011, South Park, Darlington, Live Performances from TINCHY STRYDER and BLUE') though those ones don't seem to be cancelled yet.

Company check shows that Normandy Marsworth Ltd were registered as a company on 8th August 2011.

Free company financial check on NORMANDY MARSWORTH LTD and free company accounts

f***ing hell - shows how little you all know about it. Late to be announced? Its been advertised since the 10th September. Its been being planned for the last 4 months and meetings with the council have taken place since January. Nothing to do with residents or complaints from them. I hardly think a family fireworks display that finishes at 8.30pm on a Saturday night is going to prompt many noise complaints, do you? Its been cancelled down to circumstances OUT OF OUR CONTROL. Things that we cannot change, things that we were informed of late Thursday afternoon. And no, the other 2 are not cancelled.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So you come on here to advertise your event and it kind of blows up in your face - kind of karma

Tulip

May 3, 2008
Brighton
Nice Beach Hut, really nice. Good to see that you get pleasure from a fellow fans business going down the pan.

You are implying that I came on NSC purely to promote the event. I have been using NSC since 2002 and asked permission to post about the event.

But I am really pleased that you take pleasure in somesone elses upset - hope you have a good day

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Nice Beach Hut, really nice. Good to see that you get pleasure from a fellow fans business going down the pan.

You are implying that I came on NSC purely to promote the event. I have been using NSC since 2002 and asked permission to post about the event.

But I am really pleased that you take pleasure in somesone elses upset - hope you have a good day

Think you have been really effected by this cancellation. Suggest you log off and come back later. No one is taking pleasure in what has happened. Maybe if you stated what the circumstances are then it would help. I hope the other events are a success. Not my cup of tea but we all have different tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here