Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Massimo Luongo

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'll wait for our Swindon Town expert to arrive before I make any judgement.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Why don't we go for Matt Ritchie of B'muff (ex-Swinedon)? Ignore hair-cut, see talent.

From watching the Barnsley game, I was impressed with their No. 11 was it Perkins? I would rather have him signed up.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why don't we go for Matt Ritchie of B'muff (ex-Swinedon)? Ignore hair-cut, see talent.

You don't actually think Bournemouth have any need or desire to sell him, do you?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Contingency if we cant get Conway back.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do we have a need or desire to sell Bridcutt or Ulloa?

The difference being that, if someone offers us £5 million for one of them, I'd say we have very little choice but to take it. That's the way it works.

Ritchie cost Bournemouth over half a million when they signed him. If he continues to do well at this level, and moreover, is crucial to their chances of staying up this season, one would imagine that they'd probably put a price tag in excess three million on him (because they don't actually want to sell). And a price tag of £3 million rather rules us out.

I think that's the point you're missing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

In these last three games, each side we've faced, has has a stand out player. Each has been a winger.

Of the three, (Knockaert and McCourt being the other two) Ritchie would be, by far, my last choice.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The difference being that, if someone offers us £5 million for one of them, I'd say we have very little choice but to take it. That's the way it works.

Ritchie cost Bournemouth over half a million when they signed him. If he continues to do well at this level, and moreover, is crucial to their chances of staying up this season, one would imagine that they'd probably put a price tag in excess three million on him (because they don't actually want to sell). And a price tag of £3 million rather rules us out.

I think that's the point you're missing.

3M! I doubt it. TBH Ulloa and Bridcutt are EVEN MORE IMPORTANT to our chances of promotion. So, what price on their head? £10M? £20M?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
In these last three games, each side we've faced, has has a stand out player. Each has been a winger.

Of the three, (Knockaert and McCourt being the other two) Ritchie would be, by far, my last choice.

And neither of those are as realistic as targets... well, maybe McCourt.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here