Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marvellous Scenes

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Fantastic, just fantastic!!!

Watched first half in one pub in the Metro Centre and second half at the Walkabout .... all the Geordies and mackems were full of praise and all wanted us to win ......

What I thought was brilliant about the whole occasion is that without exception all the fans who then rang Talk Sport and Radio 5 mentioned our need for Falmer and that Cullip, Butters and Co did the same in their TV interviews ....

Marvellous that even amid the excitement of today, no-one forgot the bigger picture.

Tanya and I had a fab weekend (she's now on her train back home "sniff") and I have promised to buy her and Ben a new Albion shirt and have already penned in accommodation for Plymouth next season

glosterseagul

Mar 2, 2004
the clue is in the name
On the Left Wing said:
Fantastic, just fantastic!!!

Watched first half in one pub in the Metro Centre and second half at the Walkabout .... all the Geordies and mackems were full of praise and all wanted us to win ......

What I thought was brilliant about the whole occasion is that without exception all the fans who then rang Talk Sport and Radio 5 mentioned our need for Falmer and that Cullip, Butters and Co did the same in their TV interviews ....

Marvellous that even amid the excitement of today, no-one forgot the bigger picture.

Tanya and I had a fab weekend (she's now on her train back home "sniff") and I have promised to buy her and Ben a new Albion shirt and have already penned in accommodation for Plymouth next season

Fantastic Day!!

I was going to ask how your day was - glad it went well.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
What a marvellous day out I've had. Driving down to Cardiff in a sea of blue of white was fantastic, I figure every service station along the the M4 must have been wondering what the f*ck was going on.

I parked at Taffs Well, and got the train in to Cardiff. It is the first time I've seen the Millenium Stadium up close, they were demolishing the old stadium when I left Uni, and that was impressive, but this new place is in a different league!!

Then there was my seats, bearing in mind I purchased them pretty much at random, they were perfect, second row of the middle tier of the North Stand and directly behind the centre of the goal!!!

Atmosphere was superb, the noise immense.

And we did it. Held our nerve. Defended like demons, and turned the screw at just the right moment.

I think "Wow" sums it up nicely.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Full credit to the Bristol City fans, they did their club proud.

Last edited:

albionman

May 22, 2004
Sayers Common
Not me Orange. I've just counted 'em. All present and correct. Actually I think I now have twelve fingers. I really must stop drinking Stella !!! :drink: :drink: :drink:

Great way to get to Cardiff though. Had a walk through the village pending arrival of train. There is a bloody Harp Shop there ! Has to be the only one in the UK. Oh..and a barbers shop apparently ownded by 'Ade the Blade'. Scared the shit out of me :lolol: :lolol:

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Hi ther just got back. Boy what a great day out. I got up at 5:30
got the minibus (thanks to finks) at 7:00 it went down to Tilgate to pick up his son then went to Burgess Hill to pick up some fans then went to Crawley Down to pick up fans from there. We traveled up the M23 and M25 seeing scores of Albion scarfs sticking out of cars, and quite a few stretch limos. We went down the M4 and at all the M4 stations, there were lots of Albion fans and people selling Albion souvenirs.

After that we traveled down the M4 across the River Severn into Wales (The first time I have left England). We went past Newport and saw scores of Brizzle City fans. We got into Cardiff at 12:15 which gave me lots of tiome to venture around the Welsh Capital and have lunch at MacDonalds. I bumped into Mendoza and Sheebo, and had a photo taken by another NSCer( I can't remember his name). Got into the Millenium and was amazed at the sheer size of the stadium. Watched the game beautiful result. I would love to tell you about the journey back, but I am off to bed, goodnight everyone.

P.S Is this a dream?

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Went on the railway special, and still caught a last pint in my local. An absoulutley fantastic day.

Thanks to everyone today. Now it's up to you Mr. Prescott!

Glad to see you enjoyed the day strike95. All the best!

Last edited:

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
parked in the station carpark, £5 all day and a police guard.

Ian Hart did tell me too park in the Angel Hotel Carpark but the one we tried was full, but my son told me on the way home that there was another carpark for the hotel around the corner.

M4 was murder on the way home and some fool trying too set fire to a BC flag.

Strensham servs on the M5 (Cheltenham basicly) was full of seagulls.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Notice how quiet NSC is??????

There are a lot of people still in bed ,,,,,,,, and the hangovers!!!!!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
marvel-ous

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here