Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Martyn Ware (Heaven 17) v Rockstar (Grand Theft Auto)

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
And a bit of Wang Chung. AMAZING soundtrack.

I also enjoyed luring a prostitute into my car, driving to a back alley, having some rumpy and then clumping her with a baseball bat to get a full refund.
GTA Vice City on the PS2 was the greatest video/computer game ever and also about when I drifted away and stopped playing them. I got into Wang Chung as a result of the game, I have a greatest hits CD. Driving a car at 100 MPH to 'Don't bring me down' by E.L.O though - I think only Daley Thompsons Decathlon on the ZX Spectrum was better.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I still remember playing GTA Vice City, and just driving around for hours listening to the music and radio stations. I didn't want to get out of the car.

Rusty Brown's Ring Donuts - "I just LOOOVE the batter...all over my face"
The Vice City soundtrack is probably the most impactful this millennium. Millions and millions from a new generation getting hooked on 80s music. Certainly wasn't a bad move for the artists featured however little they made on the initial deal...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
GTA Vice City on the PS2 was the greatest video/computer game ever and also about when I drifted away and stopped playing them. I got into Wang Chung as a result of the game, I have a greatest hits CD. Driving a car at 100 MPH to 'Don't bring me down' by E.L.O though - I think only Daley Thompsons Decathlon on the ZX Spectrum was better.
Absolutely. And to my eternal delight, you can still listen to all the radio stations on YouTube. What an absolute TREAT

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I bought the CD box set of the radio stations from Virgin Megastores in Churchill Square. It was quite expensive but worth every penny, still gets a listen from time to time!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Absolutely. And to my eternal delight, you can still listen to all the radio stations on YouTube. What an absolute TREAT

Stealing a Ferrari, to drive to fly a helicopter whilst listening to 'Two Tribes' by Frankie Goes to Hollywood - it was so good. I remember that mission/level you had to do where Tommy gets pissed with a Vietnam veteran who blows himself up on his homemade Moonshine and you have to drive him to the hospital drunk - I did that one first time, no problem.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
He meant Grand Theft Auto V grossed $8.6bn. Grand Theft Auto VI is still in production.

Aside from that I can see his point, but it’s a very simple situation really isn’t it? If he doesn’t like the offer, decline or negotiate.

I know precisely one Heaven 17 song, and I doubt most people under 40 - perhaps 50 - have ever heard of them.

Fair play to him for knowing his value, but I don’t see what he’s trying to achieve. Shining a spotlight on this might feel good, but it’s not exactly going to help anyone. Rockstar won’t change their approach and everyone will buy the game anyway.
They offered him a paltry amount. He is well-off enough to walk away. Good for him.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If he’s refuse then they need to make sure it’s completely removed from the game. Leave no trace.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
And a bit of Wang Chung. AMAZING soundtrack.

I also enjoyed luring a prostitute into my car, driving to a back alley, having some rumpy and then clumping her with a baseball bat to get a full refund.
I used to enjoy going to a phone box and then calling either an ambulance or the fire brigade, and then when the paramedics / firemen turned up, I’d beat the living shit out of them with my fists. Sometimes I would start to get overpowered by them, and then once they’d almost killed me I’d bring out my Uzi and mow the fuckers down.

Can’t think why there are such high levels of violence in society today, it’s a completely mystery 🤣

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He meant Grand Theft Auto V grossed $8.6bn. Grand Theft Auto VI is still in production.

Aside from that I can see his point, but it’s a very simple situation really isn’t it? If he doesn’t like the offer, decline or negotiate.

I know precisely one Heaven 17 song, and I doubt most people under 40 - perhaps 50 - have ever heard of them.

Fair play to him for knowing his value, but I don’t see what he’s trying to achieve. Shining a spotlight on this might feel good, but it’s not exactly going to help anyone. Rockstar won’t change their approach and everyone will buy the game anyway.
Penthouse and Pavement is a brilliant debut album.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Whoever this is, being in GTA is the best PR he is ever going to get. Many would pay to have their music played in GTA.
Turning it down for money reasons is plain stupid.
I will tell you who this is.

Someone who was part of two bands who were innovative in the late 70s and early 80s. The Human League and Heaven 17.

Someone who is now in his early 60s, and making good money doing nostalgia tours.

Someone with no interest in developing a career, being asked to support Dua Lipa, write the theme for the next Mission Impossible film, etc..

Someone who doesn't think it is cool to be supplying muzak for your game toy.

:shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I will tell you who this is.

Someone who was part of two bands who were innovative in the late 70s and early 80s. The Human League and Heaven 17.

Someone who is now in his early 60s, and making good money doing nostalgia tours.

Someone with no interest in developing a career, being asked to support Dua Lipa, write the theme for the next Mission Impossible film, etc..

Someone who doesn't think it is cool to be supplying muzak for your game toy.

:shrug:
Sounds to me like he was quite interested but not happy with the money :shrug:

This is a guy who doesn't want 150 million new people to hear his music because he's not getting quick money for it.

Barely a musician, more of a shite capitalist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here