Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Martin Perry

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
One thing that came across watching LKO last night (apart from Bright and Rosenior thinking making the away fans comftable is a bad idea) was how super enthusiastic Martin Perry is about the stadium. He had a smile on throughout the whole thing and looks super excited by it all still.

He's like a kid who has been asked to design their ultimate toy! What a credit to the club. :clap2:

As for the away end bit - as long as we don't pamper the players and staff of the oppo, what's wrong with showing a bit of hospitality to our visiting suppoerters?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Am I wrong but wasn't it Gareth Ainsworth not Rosenior? They do look a bit different as well.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
I think the panel got the wrong end of the stick and thought they were talking about the away changing rooms, not the supporters away end. That's the impression I got.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
Fair point. I guess its testament to the amex that his enthusiasm hasn't waned, considering the amount of tours and presentations he must have been through!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's right to be proud. His expertise and tenaciousness played a maHOOsive part in getting us through that public enquiry.

No MP = no Amex.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
I think the panel got the wrong end of the stick and thought they were talking about the away changing rooms, not the supporters away end. That's the impression I got.

Agreed mate, Perry was talking about changing the coulours and pictures in the away concourse and drinking area. Rosenior the pleb then started going on about how at Colchester they made the away changing rooms grey to make the away team feel down. It looked to me as though they were trying to look at something slightly negative to say as they couldnt possibly say all good things about us. Perry came across very well though

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Am I wrong but wasn't it Gareth Ainsworth not Rosenior? They do look a bit different as well.

Depending on which version of the program you watched you got either Bright or Rosenior making comments after the video, the report on the stadium was the same for both versions.

I agree with the club that making the away fans more welcome is a good move, it will help sell tickets and increase the revenue stream for the club, it's only cup games you have to give away half of the gate reciepts.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Away players changing room is much the same as the home, but there is a huge warm up area and gym which is only for the home team players, on Gus's request, so we were told when we had a look around.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Away players changing room is much the same as the home, but there is a huge warm up area and gym which is only for the home team players, on Gus's request, so we were told when we had a look around.

in actual fact there is an away team warm-up area as well within the stadium dressing room area .... BUT it only has to be used for European matches (there is a UEFA requirement to provide this). It will not be offered to league away teams - it will be used for something else on those match days!

I think iirc there is also a refs warm up area as well !!

Just to demonstrate what can be done with a changing lightscheme for the away end.

here's the AllianzArena in Munich, all lit up for a home match involving Bayern (don't think we'll be usiong that colour scheme very often!)
images

and here is the SAME venue, all lit up for a home match involving TSV 1860 Munich
images

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here